Marriage a rule not a law

Marriage a rule not a law

A Story by Poorvi
"

Someone decided people have to marry to be happy, do any of you know who that person is

"
A person has to marry. Is it a law in a country cause i haven't heard of such law in mine. People say it's a rule of society but who decided the rules? Was it my mother? Father? The neighbour next door? The shopkeeper who sits all day selling things? Everyone talks about the rules but nobody thinks: 'why the hell are we following them?'

Because the neighbours would think you are a bad person just because we do something opposite of the thing we should do because it is according to 'Social rules'.

Rousseau said "Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains. One man thinks himself the master of others, but remains more of a slave than they are." How many people read this and still go through life, living it by the rules that had been written in a non-existent book. How many understand that what kind of chains are actually binding us?

Do we stop and look back and think, we hadn't done this because that was inappropiate. Do you regret that decision now? Society won't regret it. Because society is a non-living thing. Society doesn't have humanity, it's cruel. The people in this society is afraid,. always stepping back from change. We humans, a society in total are so afraid of change. Change is why we evolved but we still like to live a life 'Normal' No change.

Everyone would like a secure life with a family, a job, love, etc. Who wants complication? Change brings complications with it. A person likes someone of his own gender. It creates a tornado at home. After years of getting used to the idea that a person can love someone for just his soul and not his body parts, we still see people getting horrified at the idea. The worst would be the self-righteous person, always thinking that old way of love is right and the homosexual are going to go to hell. I say if they think that those people are going to hell then stop giving them hell here.

This change started long ago and still it's not complete. Amidst this a person don't want a partner at all, why is it bad? Is it necessary that you think of that person as mad or sad. Can't a girl with bubbly personality decide to live without marrying? Can't a good looking guy live all his life as bachelor without being called casanova or irresponsible? Is it so important to find the other half, can't people believe that person can be happy with his own half? Is it so dreadful to live without loving someone? Can't someone's life be more dedicated to career, their sibling, their mother and father, why we think it's so sad if someone had not married till the age of 40 or 50?

This society thinks it's sad. What if you know you won't regret it ever, that it's how you want to live your life. Would you marry because it's a rule of society, because it's written in your God books. God wants you to be happy and you're happy without any partner. Would he force you? No. God doesn't force someone, he let you chose your way. Then us human who try to live by his rules, do things thinking that they have God's blessing. Why don't people let chose other people to chose their own path without piling that person from their own expectation. We say we are only human, not god. We have such a good excuse for our follies that we don't even try to better them. And in the end it is true that after all our faults, misunderstandings, self-righteousness and wish to be accepted in this society, we're all human.

© 2014 Poorvi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on December 25, 2014
Last Updated on December 25, 2014

Author

Poorvi
Poorvi

India



About
The only thing i hate in this world is hypocrisy. So, i try to not be one more..

Writing