Idiotic words on the word 'Idiot'

Idiotic words on the word 'Idiot'

A Story by Poorvi
"

Some musings that i did after talking to my friend

"
Idiot. Such a simple word. You may use this word in everyday conversation. With your friends, siblings, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc. It's normal. It's something you are used to say in a playful conversation or when you're irritated with someone.
I use this frequently. Idiot is a word of fondness for me. My brother is always doing things that makes this word slip from my tongue before i even consciously think about it. I say it when he says something really sentimental or being dramatic because we siblings aren't sentimental. We don't hug and say sweet things to each other. I use this word when someone do or say something really idiotic, because that's a normal reaction. So, all in all, it's a word that i use a lot.
Now, what should i do when my friend says "Stop using the word 'Idiot'" How can you stop using a word that shows your prominent emotions. The way i use this word always communicate my feelings toward the act i had just experienced. I never call someone idiot about whom i don't care or who is an enemy for me. This word is for my near and dear people. So, how should i stop using it.
When my brother do something idiotic, he waits for my response because he knows me enough that he can tell my responses to 95% of things. But i don't use the word. I don't use something that he is used to, that he is comfortable with and certainly i am comfortable with.
So, changing this habit is certainly big.It's surprising how a small word can be such a big part of your life and you don't even know it until you have to go without it. The important place you give to everything necessary in your life, this small word had sneaked into your important section and got important seat in a corner and you are never aware of it.
That thing aside now the changing problem. This "Idiot' problem can easily come in the category of bad habits. People can easily get offended by it and you will give a bad image of yourself to be remembered.
But whoever said that i can't have a bad habit.You may think of me as self-boasting, but I think of myself as a good and nice person. In all the goodness, if i have a weakness, if i am addicted to a word and don't want to stop using it, is it such a bad thing. am i such a bad person if i don't want to change a word that have an important place in my life. I don't think so. I would change things in myself when i think it is affecting other's world. If they are getting brunt of my bad habit then i'll try my hardest to remove it without a moment's hesitation but this type of habit, i think i get to have this one.
The result is clear of my musings and when i think about this long thing that i had written and for what, a simple word "Idiot". Looks like it is getting an important position in my life

© 2014 Poorvi


Author's Note

Poorvi
Criticism is always welcome. Thank you for reviewing

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on December 28, 2014
Last Updated on December 28, 2014

Author

Poorvi
Poorvi

India



About
The only thing i hate in this world is hypocrisy. So, i try to not be one more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5