Pisces

Pisces

A Poem by Barbara Walker
"

Being a pisces

"
I never truly believed in horoscopes. I would read them in the daily paper just for fun. It seemed they were near the mark fifty percent of the time. Not a percentage to brag about, if you asked me.
But no matter the source, when I would read the characteristics of a Pisces, it was always on the mark, at least, for me.

"They" say that Pisces is a combination of all the other signs. I don't know if that means we are gifted or are not important enough for our own characteristics! Thinking a thought like this is typical for a Pisces.

Pisces, the twelfth sign of the zodiac, with two fish as our symbol. One fish is facing one direction, the other fish is facing the opposit direction. I've often said that is because we don't know if we are coming or going! 

We are dreamy, intuitive, loving and loyal. Intuitive...that can be a real curse. So many people are full of negative vibes and Pisces can feel them all. Someone can walk into a room where I am and instantly, I know if they are in a bad mood, bitchy, sad or mad. This is before they speak a word, before I have looked at their face. That's why, when I ask a family member what is wrong and they answer, "Nothing," it infuriates me. I feel like-just quit the games and tell me, I KNOW something is wrong and I'd rather know what it is, then just feel their bad vibes!

The moods of others weigh heavily on a Pisces soul. A lot of Pisces are actors and actresses. I think it's because they need to escape the negativity and lose themselves in a world of make-believe. Each individual has more than enough sorrow and sadness for themselves, Pisces feels everyone else's sorrow, too. It's a daunting problem to deal with. No wonder some turn to drugs and alcohol... another way to escape reality. 

Pisces can be child-like. not childish, child-like.  I know I've been told that it's fun to be around me, that I find fun in the simple things and there are times I do feel like a kid. I've always said I'm never going to grow up! Life is serious enough, I'll make things fun, if  at all possible!

© 2013 Barbara Walker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A descriptive account here of a Pisces... my sister's sign in the same... I would consider this more of a informative read than a poem... but I did like the read...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Barbara Walker

10 Years Ago

Thank you! Yes, I didn't see a category that fit and I had to pick something!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2013
Last Updated on August 3, 2013
Tags: Pisces, Pisces characteristics

Author

Barbara Walker
Barbara Walker

Lake Havasu City, AZ



About
I am retired from the Postal Service. I find I write poetry to help myself through difficult times and I have written many poems in response to the chronic pain I've been living with for over 30 year.. more..

Writing