Chapter-2 Fear Of Failure

Chapter-2 Fear Of Failure

A Chapter by Faheem Akhter
"

We waste our time in not trying to achieve our destinies and our goals. At least once we should try for it which is waiting for us sparkling from far away, we can see it..

"
Like every day, I came in the office with the same sleepy mode, because of complete waste of time in night in watching movies and useless stuff, I have become insomniac. So in the office I started thinking about last night`s incident. Yes of course, it was an incident that I tried to get into bed little early so that i could wake up early in the morning for the office, and as usual i failed to sleep... Then suddenly words from Paulo Coelho`s book, The Alchemist, started echoing in the walls of my brain that, " When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." And i got up from the bed and started searching my documents (University degree,CV ,etc.) to send to head office for my promotion.

A few months ago i had decided to ask my head for promotion, but some kind of fear remained in my heart that what will happen if they get ready to call me for an interview, may be after selection they transfer me to somewhere else, because at any cost i don`t want to leave Ras Tanura. It is beautiful like a heaven. There were many other possibilities for the reason not to go on for promotion. I thought something is better than nothing; leave the promotion, its ok whatever i have.

Months passed by, but I didn’t even think about it again. And last night when someone was whispering in my ears to get up and go on. Fear of failure will never let you go ahead; it will never let you succeed, then finally i decided to send my documents to head office. Yes these are the words that encouraged me, gave me the light and showed me the path which now and on I feel is clear, without any obstacles, it happened only due to the fact that these words helped me clearing my vision. So, I always say to the friends that the words really matter.

We waste our time in not trying to achieve our destinies and our goals. At least once we should try for it which is waiting for us sparkling from far away, we can see it ,we can feel it but don`t dare to achieve it. Opportunity comes only once in whole life, we must go for it or even must try for it. If we succeeded in achieving that, then we can go easily for the next step to the pinnacle of the success, and if we failed to achieve it due to some reasons then in the future at least we will not feel guilt of not trying it. And the consequences of that failure of our goal for which we tried at least and couldn’t achieve will be full of lessons and will lead us and guide us for the next opportunity.

Here is a question of big importance which we must ask ourselves that, What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? Yes, if something that makes us believe that we are not going to fail and we are going to achieve our destiny in any way then definitely we will achieve more than our destinies. And that something is nothing but the belief in our self. If we believe in our capabilities, in ourselves than make sure that nothing is going to hinder.



© 2010 Faheem Akhter


Author's Note

Faheem Akhter
Comment plz

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on April 6, 2010
Last Updated on April 6, 2010


Author

Faheem Akhter
Faheem Akhter

Dammam, Eastern, Saudi Arabia



About
Professionally I am a Civil Engineer and love reading and writing more..

Writing