What we learn.

What we learn.

A Story by Lacinius

 

It seems to be that those who deserve to love and be loved often fall flat. They find someone they would give the world to and at first, everything is perfect and absolutely nothing is wrong. But then, something happens. Something does go wrong. It’s like a switch gets flipped in the lover’s mind that makes them regret being with you or makes them feel otherwise about the word “us”.  And you get dropped…you get left behind in the pouring rain. And they continue down their crooked path while you are lost and broken. For a while, you don’t know which way is up, which friend to trust. But it all comes back to you eventually. You slowly forget the hurt you felt on that one day; you being to stand back up. You being to realize that nothing is worth it anymore. The hurt, the anger, the loneliness, they’re all pathetic characteristics in our box of emotions. You face the fact that you can’t change what has happened and that if something is meant to be, then by the grace of God, it will be, but in due time. You learn not to rush things or take things for granted.  And most of all…you learn to let go.

© 2008 Lacinius


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this...It's very true. And very real. There's nothing false in here...Nice work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 19, 2008

Author

Lacinius
Lacinius

Willow Spring, NC



About
Writing, to me, is like screaming at the top of your lungs for the whole world to hear. Whatever you say can be heard if people really want to listen... Hi! I've been writing since I was about 7 years.. more..

Writing
A sigh A sigh

A Poem by Lacinius


[untitled] [untitled]

A Story by Lacinius