Tell Me

Tell Me

A Poem by Faith
"

I wasn't really sure whether this counted as a poem or a story. I don't think it's a story, yet it isn't set out as a poem. I'll just go with it.

"
I want you to tell me about every person you've ever been in love with. Tell me why you fell in love with them, and then why they fell in love with you. Tell me about a day in your life where you didn't think you'd make it to your bed, and tell me what the word "home" means to you in a way that I'll know you mother's name by the way you describe your favourite meal when you were 8. See, I want to know the first time you felt the weight of pure hatred and if that day still makes your bones violently tremble. Do you prefer to play in floods of rain or bounce in the heaps of snow? And if you were to build a snowman, would you rip off branches to make the snowman's arms? Or would you leave the snowman armless for the sake of being harmless to the tree? And if you would, would you notice how the tree sobs for you because your snowman has no arms to hug you every time you kiss him on the cheek? Do you think that anger is a sincere emotion, to just the timid of a fragile heart trying to beat away its pain? See, I want to know what you think of your first name; and if you often lie awake and night and imagine your mother's joy when she spoke it for the first time. I want to tell me all the ways you've been unkind, and the ways in which you were cruel. See, I want to know more than what you do for a living. I want to know how much of your life you spend just giving, or how much you spend simply getting. I want to know if you bleed through other people's wounds. I want to know something incredibly complicated and beautiful; I want to know you. 

© 2013 Faith


Author's Note

Faith
I would appreciate any reviews at all, thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminded me of when my husband and I first started dating. We would spend hours and hours each night on the phone wanting to know everything about each other. The good, the bad and even the ugly. It really strengthened our love for each other and our friendship. Reading this piece brought back memories of those long, sleepless nights just asking question after question and listening to his answers. I agree with the fact that this piece needs a little proofreading, but nothing major caught my eye that took away from the beauty within this piece. I thought you did a wonderful job and I am glad I stumbled upon this. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


you know what i like about this...although it does need a spot or two of proofreading..

i like that the speaker wants to know everything about the other person...not just the good stuff...i want to know everything about you...dark and light, bad and good...the whole package..

if we can love a person despite the baggage...that is real love.

just as you had asked in the other poem..."do i know if i am love?" if you have this attitude, you are in love..no doubt...and it is very real.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Faith

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your feedback! I agree, proof reading is definitely needed. This is a very l.. read more
Compelling imagery. I saw this scene acted out in my head and it was beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Faith

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words! I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
3 Reviews
Added on March 26, 2013
Last Updated on March 26, 2013
Tags: Love, romance, romantic, passage

Author

Faith
Faith

London, United Kingdom



About
Hi, my name is Faith. I'm an aspiring film actress currently working towards taking the word 'aspiring' out that sentence. My hobbies are playing guitar, singing and writing songs, poetry and shor.. more..

Writing
4am 4am

A Poem by Faith