Kara

Kara

A Story by Bella
"

"Have you ever met a ghost? I never thought they existed" - Clive moves into his new house and discovers his bedroom already has a resident...

"

Prologue    


Have you ever met a ghost? I never thought they existed. Whenever I watched movies of ghosts and the paranormal I didn't really think anything of it. My parents and older brother tell me that ghosts do not exist. If that is true, which it should be, then why is there a ghost sitting right across from me.

She was tan, not too dark and with the brightest smile I have ever seen. Her hands were folded perfectly in her lap as she sat on her knees. There was no smell from her, but I could tell she probably smelled like fruit and shampoo. Her facial appearance was like a doll. It was perfect. Her eyes a beautiful green color, long eyelashes, red cherry lips and soft skin. The outfit she wore was a beautiful blue sundress and a little white sweater that draped over her body. Her frame was thin, but not too thin. The most intriguing feature about her was her skin. It was so beautiful, perfect even. Even though she had tan skin, and a beautiful smile to complete her appearance there was clearly a white ghost like glow following her like a shadow. And another thing, she held no shadow.

This girl, who sits right across from me, is a ghost. She just sat there, smiling as she told me that she lived in my room. A few minutes of silence past until she opened her mouth to speak further. “I am sorry” she said. I couldn't figure out why. “I know this is probably weird” she breathed into a deep sigh which quickly switched to light laugh.

I sat still, there was nothing I could say. The entire situation was just too strange. This is the first time a girl has ever come into my room, in fact, the first time anyone who wasn't family.

I managed to take a breath before replying back to the most perfectly beautiful girl I had ever seen. “Um” I began. The fact that she was a ghost hadn't quite, yet sunk in. “M-M-My name is Clive” I managed to brush out with a few hyperventilated breaths.

She pulled herself back a little. “I don't think you get it yet” she said softly. Her beauty was all I could pay attention too. No one as beautiful as her had ever talked to me, of course I was in love with her just for that. “My name is Kara” she said with a quick smile.

“What are you doing in here? If I may ask” I tried to be as formal with her as possible, hoping that was cool. But all I know is how to mess my “cool” up.

To my surprise she laughed lightly at my comment. “You really don't get it yet, do you” she said with a snicker.

I was confused, “what am I not getting?” I asked her.

She laughed again. It only dropped my cool down more. “I am supposed to be 48 this year” she explain, a single finger covered her red lips, almost like she was teasing me. “So, I died in this room. It was mine before it was yours”

There was nothing to say. All of her words passed over my head and left my ears. None of what she was saying made it to me. “I think you are pretty” I said, in a daze.

Kara looked at me, then snickered to herself. I was being uncool again, all I wanted was for her to like me. But I couldn't figure out why she was there.

“Clive. I. Am. Dead” she said slowly, then pressed her lips to mine. It was my very first kiss. The feeling sent electricity through my body. Her lips were so soft, just as I had imagined. “That's a death kiss” she explained.

My eyes began to feel heavy, my heart felt like it would stop beating. Then suddenly, I woke up in a hospital. My mom and dad sat next to me, worried expressions. There was a mask over my mouth. I was breathing in the oxygen. All the people around me looked as if they were about to cry. I felt like crying.

“Clive” my mother choked when she saw me get up. My body felt weak. She hugged me tightly. Dad patted my head and asked if I was alright.

My vision began to get fuzzy again, my body felt numb. I felt almost as if I was dying. But I knew somehow I was perfectly fine.

Before I close my eyes I saw her face. Kara. At that moment it finally hit me. She was dead, she was a ghost, and she had the power to kill me with a single kiss. My mind fell black, and the last thing I remembered was her laughter in my head. It echoed and echoed until it faded along with everything else.

© 2014 Bella


Author's Note

Bella
Hey, I decided to put my writing to the test. Here is a prologue to a story I am currently working on. Let me know how you like! I might post more chapters. Reviews are very much welcomed. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well written beginning of what promises to be a good story. Alas though the last paragraph gave me the impression that the protagonist Clive was at that moment indeed dead. I hope that wasn't the case, but merely his reflecting on what he had experienced. It seems Kara might have evil intentions for him. Continue on.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 28, 2014
Last Updated on September 28, 2014
Tags: ghost, haunted, death, romance, horror

Author

Bella
Bella

Canada



About
Hello, my name is Bella. I'm new as of right now... There really isn't anything to say about me. I'm as average and ordinary as you could possibly get. Kind of like, how one of my friends puts it, the.. more..

Writing
Arina Arina

A Book by Bella


Kara Kara

A Book by Bella