Vivian's First Enconter

Vivian's First Enconter

A Chapter by fallen_angel
"

This is when it starts to get interesting

"

 

 I need a cigarette.
 “Hey Joan, I’m gonna go out for my break.”
  The light haired waitress smiled in my direction, “Kay, Viv, be back before the rush comes.”
“I always am.” I said and returned her smile. I grabbed my jacket and headed back through the smoky kitchens to the side alley. The alley’s narrow walls were covered with graffiti and the ground was littered with take-out bags that have fallen out of the overflowing dumpster next to the door. The trash gave the alley a very interesting smell of rotten vegetables and spoiled milk. It was only seven o’clock, but the air was chilly enough to make me pull my jacket tighter around me to keep out the cold. I glanced toward the sky, I sighed, it was dark enough to be midnight. In a couple more days the moon will be full. On the steps of the alley the bus boy, Mickey, was taking his break. Mickey was only a few years younger than me, with dark, curly hair and a few zits that surrounded his dimples. I pulled out the crumpled packet of cigarettes from my jacket pocket, shook out my last one, and let the empty pack drop to the ground. D****t, I’m gonna have to pick some more up at the end of my shift. I’ll also have to pick up a lighter because mine has mysteriously gone missing…again.
“Hey Mickey got a light?” Mickey looked up, “Sorry Viv trying to quit. Didn’t you hear smoking is bad for you?” He smiled showing yellow, smoke stained teeth and giggled at his unfunny joke. “Thanks a lot,” I mumbled at him. I reluctantly shoved the cigarette back into my jacket pocket and leaned against the crumbling, brick wall so I could mope. My neck started tingling like it did last night at the club. This time it was way more intense, if that was possible, it was like someone digging their nails under my skin and playing the piano on my muscles. But now I realized it was not my neck that’s tingling, it’s my tattoo. Just then a man turned into the mouth of the alley, saw me and Mickey and ran straight at us with three others close behind. The man picked up Mickey like he was nothing and grabbed his head in his hands. Mickey opened his mouth to scream, but the man twisted his hands, just a small flick of the wrists. I could hear the crack of Mickey’s spine; only Mickey’s face was turned toward me in a silent scream as the man let him drop to the ground. I opened my mouth to scream, but he grabbed me with death cold hands and whipped me around as if I was a Raggedy Ann doll, my feet a few inches above the ground. He wasn’t much taller or wider than me, but he had extreme strength like he was some super advanced zombie dude from the movies and I could barley breathe in his grasp, let alone scream. But every small breath was filled with his smell, the smell of earth …and strangely the coppery scent of blood. He was using me to block his body from the three others, digging his sharp nails deep into the skin of my arm; droplets of blood welled up from beneath his fingers. I heard his damp breath quickened in my ear. I tore my eyes from Mickey’s limp, deranged form and looked up at the three people that surrounded us.
They looked like something you see in a B-list horror flick. The only girl of the group had a petite, but great figure and gorgeous face that made me feel extremely plain. She had long auburn hair that framed her face. Her eyes were the color of emeralds and her face was that of a model. She had an emerald stud in her nose. She was wearing tight black jeans that showed off her sculpted legs and a dark green, almost black, tank top that showed off her breasts. She was slowly unwinding a silver whip and had something that was long and silver tucked into her studded belt. She was like a catwoman wanna-be.
The boy standing next to her was also very beautiful. He had curly, chestnut hair that showed off his glowing forest green eyes. A small, silver cross was dangling from his ear. His body was very tense, but muscular. He too was wearing black jeans, but a black t-shirt that showed off his arms. He was carrying some sort of sword with scratches on the side. In his belt was a wicked looking gun.
The last person of this very unusual trio was extremely handsome. He had black hair, cut off a little above his shoulders so it barely fell into his eyes. His eyes were a shielded beautiful light gray, like the color of the sky during a storm at sea. His body was well built, like the others. He too was wearing a similar black jeans and t-shirt as the other boy in the group. Tied to his belt by a leather cord was what I think is a crossbow, it appeared to have one of the long silver things that the girl had in her belt on top. I wasn’t really sure because I wasn’t up-to-date on mid-evil weapons. A black and silver gun was in his hand dangling by his side. But the kicker was that all of them were wearing long, black leather coats over everything else like the bad guys wear in movies. I would laugh if I wasn’t being held hostage at the moment by the guy that could snaps necks like a glow stick.  My unwelcome guest’s back was now against the walled up end of the alley and the three surrounding us have blocked off his only exit.
“If you come near me I’ll rip her throat out,” the man behind me hissed. He put his lips against the nape of my neck as if to prove he’ll do it, and it sent shivers through my spine because I didn’t doubt him. I had to get out of this mess, but I didn’t know how to do it. The pain of my tattoo was slowly intensifying and I accidentally let out a whimper. The girl and the boy with the sword glanced at me then back to the man behind me. The one with the gun spoke in a deep, commanding voice, “Let her go, your quarrel is not with her.” I almost let out a laugh, who says the word quarrel anymore? As he spoke the girl took a small step forward toward us and the boy with the sword glared at her. I saw crossbow guy’s hand twitch on the gun. The man behind me laughed and pulled me even tighter cutting off the little air I had. He spoke again, “Not any closer girl. Didn’t you hear me? You three already took a meal from me tonight.”Before I could figure out what he meant; I felt his lips stretch back, and then I felt a sharp pain on my neck where his lips were moments before. He bit me! He bit me? Why is he effing biting me? I felt as if the strength was literally getting sucked out of me and my lungs were starting to burn from lack of air.
Then my tattoo started to burn sucking even more strength from me. I saw a pure, white light and felt a huge drain of energy as the man pulled away from me in shock. The moment he let go I heard a booming crack fill the air. Something went pass me skimming and biting into my non-injured shoulder as the man behind me fell back like he was just kicked by a mule. I fell to the alley floor and my head cracked against the asphalt. Something warm started soaking my shirt, but I didn’t care I just wanted to go to sleep. I heard the boy that didn’t speak before, the one with the sword say in rapid fire, “Dude, nice shot! Where did that light come from? It was like she used a sunny, but this one was supposed to be too old for them to work. Is she from the California branch? That was a risky shot I think you only  her shoulder. How did you know you were going to miss her?” The crossbow boy responded, “I didn’t.” Very cliché crossbow guy. I almost got killed tonight by some careless stranger who carries around a crossbow; I would roll my eyes if I could open them. I felt thin fingers applying pressure to my neck and quickly brush over my other shoulder, probably the girl. Sword guy asked, “Is she going to die?” I heard the girl’s soft voice, “She’s lost a lot of blood and hit her head pretty hard on the ground when he let go. She might die, she might not. I don’t think she’ll turn though; no blood exchange. I guess we’ll find out in three days. Though we’re going to have to take her to see Poppy if she stays human Mum will want to talk to her.” The girl’s voice was threaded with a familiar accent, but I couldn’t seem to place it. Then I felt two strong arms slip under me and pick me up. I’m going to have to start eating more if everyone can easily pick me up and move me around like I weighed no more than the damn house cat. But strangely I felt comfortable in his arms, almost like this is where I belonged. “Take care of the bodies, call Ash and tell her we finally caught him,” crossbow boy said, he must be the one carrying me because his voice was right above me. I wanted to be put back down so I could sleep, but when I tried to move crossbow guy tightened his arms around me. Ohh well I’m too far gone anyways, so I just curled into his side. The darkness was slowly taking over and all I could think of before I slip away was: I could really use I cigarette.


© 2009 fallen_angel


Author's Note

fallen_angel
Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on May 19, 2009


Author

fallen_angel
fallen_angel

MN



About
Really there's not much to tell. I'm just a girl trying to get my writing out there now because I know that later in life I won't be able to write as much as I'd like to. Ofcourse that's only if I act.. more..

Writing
Waiting Waiting

A Poem by fallen_angel


Release Release

A Poem by fallen_angel