welcome to the afterlife

welcome to the afterlife

A Chapter by Luna Valentine
"

chapter 2 of idabell

"

I gasp for air. I’m in some kind of black tube. Wind swirls around me, completely surrounding my body. I can feel the very air being squeezed out of my raw throat. All that goes through my mind is: I’m dying I’m dying. And then the darkness gives way to grey, and then white. My crumpled body collapses on the crisp floor. I groggily lift up my head. I’m in a vast white space. I stand up and start walking.
“Hello?” I call out.
It seems to echo infinitely. I soon realize the voices in the back of my head are also echoing around the vast nothingness.
“Idabell, age 15 hit by a car. We’ve already determined 7 broken bones.”
The voices seemed rushed, worried. Then they stop. Am I dead? I wonder, sleeping? I begin to worry about what’s happening to me.


Then in the distance i hear a car. My heart screams with joy. A red dot appears in the distance.
“Help! help!” I scream as a smile appears on my face. I start running towards the red dot. AS it draws nearer it doesn’t slow down.
“Stop!” I call again. I step out of the way and wave my arms. To my frustration it drives past without even acknowledging my existence. I bite my lip and start to slowly walk forward into the nothingness. Is this what it’s like, being dead? Do i just wander on forever? Then to my surprise things start to grow very bright. I shield my eyes, The light blinding me. And then it all fades.

I’m on a sidewalk. A wet one. Like the ones back home. I sit up. My heart skips a beat. I’m home! The normal buildings are surrounding me. I must have tripped and fell. Just probably got knocked out. But then just as soon as i grew happy doubt creeps into me. No-one is around. No cars, no birds, nothing. i sit in the silence as my vision blurs. I blink it away and notice a figure on a park bench.
“Hey!” I scream, “Where is everybody.” I run towards the figure and then stop. It’ s Melanie’s father.
“Are you...Melanie’s father?” I try to wrap my mind around why i’m here.
“Yes.”
“Where are we?”
“Afterlife.” His answers are simple casual.
“You died?”
“Yes. And you did too.”
“Yeah. Is this it. Do we just live here forever?” For some strange reason having a conversation with my best-friend's dead father comes easily.
“No. You get transported to all sorts of different places, and meet people that you’ve already met in your life or people that you would’ve met.” He pauses, “Of course that are dead.” He sighs and starts to sit up.
“Where are you going?” I ask
“Away from you.” His voice sounds bored.
“But you’re Melanie’s dad, shouldn’t you..”
“Listen kid, Just because I’m your friends dad that doesn't mean I’m your friend.” And with that he vanishes. I stand there for a moment before the pavement blurs again. I take a deep shaky breath. I’m fine, I’m fine I try to reassure myself but it fails.

Then I notice a portal. A large dark swirling circle, daring me to walk through. I glance around one last time, shrug and walk towards it. I slip off my hoodie suddenly feeling very warm. Then I walk through.





© 2013 Luna Valentine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on February 9, 2013
Last Updated on February 9, 2013


Author

Luna Valentine
Luna Valentine

fairy brooke



Writing
Fear Fear

A Poem by Luna Valentine