The Sklafen Land

The Sklafen Land

A Chapter by Frodo potter
"

Monty discovers the land behind the golden door.

"

Vermit sighed as he looked at the face of Monty. He tried to understand the emotions of the little boy. It was beyond shock. It was disbelief. Utter disbelief.

He kneeled down and slowly turned the boy towards him.

"I know it is difficult t o believe things that are even beyond your imagination. Trust me. You'll get used to it."

Monty didn't know what to reply. He just had the shock of his life.

"Am I dreaming?", He managed.

Vermit just smiled and pushed the golden door open.

"After you."

Monty stepped inside followed by Vermit. What he saw inside made him question his sanity. 

It was a very big lake. It was surrounded by high mountains. Floating on the lake were things Monty had never seen or dreamed of.

There were huts floating on the lake. They were in large numbers. The huts were connected by floating pathways. On the pathways walked the strangest of creatures he had seen.

The creatures were short, plump and had big round eyes. They wore shabby clothes and some were on the field near the foot of the mountains. Monty noticed that they had a sad look on their face. Some carried a bundle on their back while others rode on small pony. They were very busy with their work and didn't seem to notice Monty and Vermit standing. It was as if Monty had entered a dream land full of surprises.

"Welcome to the land of Sklafens." said Vermit.

"I am going back.", announced Monty and turned back. But there was no door. It had disappeared. Instead he could see the extended scenery of Sklafen Land.

"Please take me back to where I belong", cried Monty.

"This is where you belong Monty. Believe me. This is your place. Your land. You need to stay here.", replied Vermit.

"But I don't understand.", said Monty.

"You will. But I am not the right person to explain it to you. There is a man who can. I am taking you there now." and Ventor took him to a boat tied near the lake. He helped Monty get on the boat. They started rowing towards the biggest of the hut. Still none of the Sklafens noticed them. Monty looked at the passing nature. It was beautiful. The mountains, the lake, the trees everything appealed to him. He wondered what lay beyond him.

Finally they reached the hut. It was closed. Vermit went near the door and shouted "Meister I am with he boy." The door opened. An elderly Sklafen came outside. His big round eyes turned towards Monty and he said-

"You are about to discover the greatest secret of your life. Come inside." and he disapeared behind the door.

Monty wondered what else could be greater than visiting a floating land and a place full of strange creatures.



© 2012 Frodo potter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on July 19, 2012
Last Updated on July 19, 2012


Author

Frodo potter
Frodo potter

Bangalore, India



About
I am an aspiring writer. I love fantasy. My favorite writers are J.K Rowling, J.R.R Tolkien, Lewis Carol, C.S Lewis. My favorite books are harry Potter series, Lord of the rings trilogy, Chronicles of.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Frodo potter


The Death The Death

A Chapter by Frodo potter