Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by S. K.

                The room was dimly lit only by the flames that danced in brazier. It was silent. Taryn entered the room fearing the worse. Not fearing that man she was examining would die but what it was that was causing his death.  Her brunette hair was braided loosely out of her face. She knelt down onto the stone floor.

                Taryn learned herbal medicine as a child. There were very few things that something in nature could not remedy. And for those things, she had a special talent. Leafy green eyes took in the man’s condition. He was extremely pallor but with flushed red cheeks. Clear beads of sweat formed at his brow and gently rolled down his face. Taryn gently laid her slender hand upon his head only to be astonished that he was not with fever. He was cold. It was if life that kept him warm had vanished. Yet , he continued to breathe. However, it was laborious.  

                It was the wound that startled her. A deep peirce mark that was black as night oozed an equally dark fluid. The area around the wound was turning dark as well. It covered most of the man’s side. Taryn covered the wound back up. She looked at the young boy who was with the man. It was his son.

                “Tell me what you saw child.” She asked in a calm soothing voice. It was the exact opposite of the emotions inside her. The child was shaken even for being 12. He was almost considered a man in Telmarth.

                “Well, my lady, I can’t really say. I know is that it got cold and dark. Like the sun was setting only it wasn’t. It was ‘bout midday. Then I saw these things, all dark. They looked like a shadow figure of a man. Although, it wasn’t a man. I’m sure of it. M’lady, you must believe me. It was something purely unnatural. Never have I seen such a sight.” The boy explained. He was frantic in making her believe his story.

                “I’m afraid I believe you.” Taryn said stoic manner.

With those words, she left room. In the main hall upon his hand carved throne sat Lord Bellard. Her Lord father of Telmarth. She relayed the information to her father just as the boy described. The news did not bode well.

                “It is as I fear. The prophecy is true.” Lord Bellard said with a sigh as he rose from his chair. His dark green and tan robe followed behind him. He walked to the window and gazed out it. “Although, I had hoped it would happen later. This is only the beginning. There is a dark storm brewing over the horizon Taryn.  A long inevitable storm that will spread across the land of Vale. A storm that none of us stop, save, only you. “



© 2014 S. K.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I will let you know Silent Wolf. I'm just working out the best way to start it off.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Fascinating. Really caught my attention, and I can't wait to read more! Mind notifying me?

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2014
Last Updated on February 22, 2014
Tags: medieval, fanatasy, romance, adventure, GOT, love, fighting, knights, sci-fi, kindgom


Author

S. K.
S. K.

About
I'm inspired Tolkien and Martin stories. I write for enjoyment, often about "fantasy". It is great to make up a place and people and just to let your creativity flow. I write mostly for fun, nothing t.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by S. K.


CHAPTER 2 CHAPTER 2

A Chapter by S. K.


CHAPTER 3 CHAPTER 3

A Chapter by S. K.