The bite

The bite

A Chapter by Mackenzie

It's going to be different this year. I'm going to make first string on the lacrosse team I told myself. As I was doing my pull ups, and I heard a noise from the porch. I grabbed my baseball bat and checked out what it was. Not to my surprise, Stiles popped out from the roof and hung from the gutters. "STILES! What are you doing here? We have lacrosse tryouts tomorrow!" I shouted at him. He then fell off the roof, jumping to his feet and saying, "My dad's radio came in, and they found a girl in the woods!" "So what Stiles" I said annoyed. "But,.....they only found half of her," Stiles said with enjoyment and rubbing his hands together.

Before I knew it we were in Stiles old, beat down Jeep driving towards the Beacon Falls reserve. We were scampering through the woods checking if anyone was behind us every ten seconds. We heard voices and dogs in the distant. Stiles started running towards the noise but having asthma, I had to stop and use my inhaler. I ran over to the tree Stiles was hiding behind. He went to get a closer look and ran into his father. Sheriff Stilinski then said aggravated, "What are you doing out here? Have you been listening into my radio calls?" "Only once?" Stiles tried saying without smiling. Sheriff Stilinski then said "So where is your partner in crime? Then shouted, "Scott are you out there?' I knew if I responded my mom would find out I left the house in the middle of the night. So, I decided to stay put, and not make a sound. Once Stiles and his dad went to his Jeep I came out knowing I was in the clear. As I was walking through the woods, I fell down a hill and dropped my inhaler. I was rumiging through the leaves and a heard of deer ran me over in panic. I lay on the ground thinking to myself, why on earth would a group of deer be running in one direction at full speed. Then, I look to my left and all I see are two, blood colored eyes, looking straight at me. So, I started to run and the animal caught up to me. It bite me on my side and ran away. I didn't know what to think or do. All I did know, was that something not normal bite me. Something not normal at all.


© 2015 Mackenzie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the title of your first chapter. But I would have to agree with the other commenters. Try to add more descriptions especially in terms of setting. Very nice synopsis though. Werewolf stories are a trend these days.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tatz gripping...loved the situation being created in this chapter .so waiting fir next chapter of this supernatural thriller book :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


i like it i would make some suggestions a new line for each time some one speaks and a little more description would be nice

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is amazing. Love the story. I think that you should add a bit more description and make it longer, I wanted to keep reading.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2015
Last Updated on March 6, 2015


Author

Mackenzie
Mackenzie

CT



About
I have an interesting imagination and hope you can enjoy my ideas. more..

Writing