Bring It Back

Bring It Back

A Poem by Kristen Swan

Each night they call to have that one fleeting moment back.
The tears plead to rescind the words that altered everything.
Small seemingly harmless words knifed through us both and tore our bond away.
Ten tiny seconds severed the peace, our strength, stealing our whole lives.
Shared sadness, happiness, secrets, and hopes wiped clean with a few turns of the tongue.
My skin and bones, my entire being calls to the stars to steal that second back, to change the end and return to the chapters of our time together.
Yet, it won't and never will.
You're lost to me forever, and no words I strive to conjure for the rest of time will bring you back.
The truth will never again leave my lips.
Nothingness pervades in darkness cloaked with numbing daggers and it starts to feel like home.

© 2016 Kristen Swan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Seemed like a great Philosophy of love!!"

The hopeless tears always rescind the words --- unspoken words to alter the things which`re undone in this wicked picked sicked and freaked world -- with or --- without being loved. Nice write, i`m gonna look forward to reading your stuffs!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kristen Swan

9 Years Ago

Wow, thanks so much for this generous review!



Reviews

Very nice Kristen !
Glad I read it....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Profound regrets at hasty speech.
Sad that words spoken in anger often convey the opposite of what we truly feel--almost as if we're trying to loudly deny something we see as weakness.
A very fine offering, Kristen!

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
A row,truths told,(usually drink fuelled)and then the recriminations and the start of the end.Really liked this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristen Swan

9 Years Ago

:) I'm glad you liked it.
Gee

9 Years Ago

And I'm glad you're glad I liked it.
Wow! you have described the depth through few words and that is really admirable. Keep rocking :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristen Swan

9 Years Ago

Thanks :) that was my goal
I read this over several times in order to 'get it'. LOL Does that mean this is a) deep and full of feelings I can relate to, or b) too hard for me to really grasp in the first place.

I havent decided yet.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kristen Swan

9 Years Ago

Lol A for sure! I guess when I write I try to conceal what I'm feeling at times, so that it's not al.. read more
Blogger

9 Years Ago

You are doing well here. Keep it up!
Kristen Swan

9 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm really trying.
"Seemed like a great Philosophy of love!!"

The hopeless tears always rescind the words --- unspoken words to alter the things which`re undone in this wicked picked sicked and freaked world -- with or --- without being loved. Nice write, i`m gonna look forward to reading your stuffs!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kristen Swan

9 Years Ago

Wow, thanks so much for this generous review!
Well done, very emotional as well. Keep getting better Fox-

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristen Swan

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I am working on it.
You've portrayed the intense longing to go back to a better time well.
I liked the flip at the end "and it starts to feel like home"

In my opinion "it won't and it never will" tripped me up. "it won't and never will" flows better (in my opinion which you are free to ignore as it is your poem)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristen Swan

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the praise and constructive criticism. I agree that does flow better! Thanks for .. read more
Wow. This is such a tragedy, especially since it was just a few words that ruined it all. How often we regret what we said.
" Small seemingly harmless words knifed through us both and tore our bond away.
Ten tiny seconds severed the peace, our strength, stealing our whole lives.
Shared sadness, happiness, secrets, and hopes wiped clean with a few rolls of the tongue. "
I loved those lines. Perfect.
lissalovesyou:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kristen Swan

9 Years Ago

I appreciate the commendation. Thank you. :)
lissalovesyou

9 Years Ago

You deserve it.
lissalovesyou:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 26, 2014
Last Updated on October 27, 2016


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..