Untitled (for the moment)

Untitled (for the moment)

A Poem by Kristen Swan
"

Just something I wanted to work through from a long time ago. Finally finished it.

"
“What a beautiful jewelry box” they say.
Radiant, lovely. Diamonds and sapphire.
The one they’ve been after.
Hidden compartments, full of pain and happiness. Stealing all hearts with its quiet surprises.
Bright hopes and no lies.

Drawing the eye of those who love to take.
They pull and use until they break.
Picked from the ground, cleaned off and adored, then quickly thrown in with things they grow bored of.

Calling for help when no one will hear.
Losing a voice until feeling like it will disappear.
“She looks so perfect. She has everything we want.” The watchers only skim the surface. Too blind to look further. Soon losing interest and distracted with new things.

Then the rain falls in waves and never stops coming. The box floats past the dreamers and takers while losing its color.
The gems loosen and fall and bleed into salty, murky sea. Tossed in with the driftwood and pushed by the surfboards.
Soon another piece of refuse landing at the floor of the ocean.
Just a tiny blip and hardly a remembered notion.

© 2024 Kristen Swan


Author's Note

Kristen Swan
I’m still editing it. Might change some things. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on April 5, 2024
Last Updated on April 5, 2024