Addiction

Addiction

A Story by Alex

 

 

 

     Sitting up on the edge of the bed, Lydia looked over at the beautiful creature tangled in the sheets. There were so many things that she wanted to say to him. How she’s always wanted him. How she’s always needed him. How he will forever have her heart. But she couldn’t utter a word. She knew she must hurt him. It was the only way to save him. One day, he’ll understand that she was no good. One day, he’ll understand that he could never survive in her world. And that it was impossible for her to leave it. So she laid down beside him and traced the contours of his imperfect body for the last time. He stirred slightly, but did not wake. Inhaling deeply, she breathed in his musky-sweet scent, still strong after early morning lovemaking, then quietly stood up and began getting dressed.

     Her footsteps echoed as she entered the deserted public restroom. Once at the counter, Lydia removed the small black leather pouch from her purse and began to empty the contents. She did this ever so slowly, delaying the pleasure and the pain until the last possible moment. Finally, she could stand it no longer and rolled up the left sleeve of her blouse. Rubber band in place, Lydia brought the cold thin metal of the needle to her arm, and with a slight push, let it slide into her skin like softened butter. As she removed the band, a surge of hot poison filled her veins. And Lydia knew, now more than ever, that she could never let go of this ecstasy-filled nightmare.

© 2008 Alex


Author's Note

Alex
I know it's short. It kinda just came to me. In the process of writing a story around this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

then what...

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's enthralling and begs to be expanded. it presents two scenes that bring so many questions into the mind!

You were able to pack alot of discription in such a small place. It was such a beautiful visual experience to read.

I hope it continues!
Infinity's Shadow

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2008
Last Updated on June 9, 2008

Author

Alex
Alex

Silverhill, AL



About
I'm Alex. I like to write. I write about however I'm feeling at the moment. There's a reason and a story behind everything written here. Ask me about it. I'd love to talk to you. I'd love to know you... more..

Writing
All I Ask All I Ask

A Poem by Alex


Wake Up Wake Up

A Poem by Alex