Faithfully Yours

Faithfully Yours

A Story by Alex

 

 

My Darling,
How I miss you. Everyday I see my friends here at the university with their lovers. Holding hands. Laughing. Kissing. Trivial acts. Yet, I envy them. My body cries to be held. My lips beg to be kissed. This distance is unbearable. Tell me again, why separate schools? At least I know one thing to be certain: Absence does make the heart grow fonder. Never have I been more in love with you. Looking at the beautiful ring on my finger, I am reminded of the promise you made me. One day, we’ll be together forever. I long to see your face, and hope you feel the same. Without you, my heart does not beat. I love you my dear Jim. Never forget that.

Sending All My Affection,
Lisa.



          Lisa pressed the send button and stood up. Quickly gathering her books together, she left for her Philosophy class. The entire walk there, she thought of only Jim. She could not wait to leave class so she could check her inbox for the message that would faithfully be waiting. Smiling, Lisa took her seat, got out her pen, and readied herself for the day’s lecture.

   *~*~*~*~*

               Jim, finally waking, rolled out of bed. He sluggishly pulled up his boxers, then jeans, and sat down at his desk. After reading Lisa’s e-mail, he hit reply and typed his response.

My Darling,
I miss you too. And yes, this distance is unbearable, but necessary. One day you will thank me. I cannot wait until the day that I become your husband. We will be together soon, love. Christmas break is in less than a month. =) You are my life. I love you.

Faithfully Yours,
Jim.


       The screen blinked message sent as Jim stood up and turned towards the bed.
“Hey,” he grunted, the smell of stale whiskey on his breath. “Get up. I’ve got class in half an hour.”
“Can you pass me my dress?” the redhead yawned.
“Here,” Jim passed it to her. She slipped the garment on.
“Could you hurry up?” he pressed.
“I’ve got to find my shoes. Hold on,” she said impatiently. “Got ‘em.”
“Good,” Jim said.
“So, wanna do this again anytime soon?” she asked with a sly smile.
“Get out,” he said, his voice cold and flat.
“F**k you,” she spat.
“Not tonight,” he said as she slammed the door.
           After she left, Jim promptly began making his bed, the bitter smell of alcohol and sex filling his nostrils. Finished, he put on the nearest shirt, grabbed his books and headed off to the Biology Lab. On his way there, he couldn’t help but imagine the smile that would spread across Lisa’s face when she read his reply. Lightly laughing, he sat in his seat, took out a pen, and readied himself for the day’s lecture.

 

 

© 2008 Alex


Author's Note

Alex
Again, not very good. Might revise it later.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think that for a short piece it achieved what it needed to. I guess it is easy to say that it is always the man that cheats; how would it have felt if the woman was the one who strayed? Might have a totally different reaction then. Well done Alex.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dug
What I liked about this one was that I couldn't decide if I liked Jim or hated him.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2008
Last Updated on December 30, 2008

Author

Alex
Alex

Silverhill, AL



About
I'm Alex. I like to write. I write about however I'm feeling at the moment. There's a reason and a story behind everything written here. Ask me about it. I'd love to talk to you. I'd love to know you... more..

Writing
All I Ask All I Ask

A Poem by Alex


Wake Up Wake Up

A Poem by Alex