She was mad.

She was mad.

A Story by Derrek Wesley Steven Gaspard
"

Something I might put some time into, I don't know yet.

"

 

Jude was chewing on some cheep 10 cent bubble gum. She didn't care what she was chewing. She was mad, chewing mad. Even though she was walking down the street to her house she didn't see anything, nothing around her. Instead she felt the overwhelming throbbing anger pour through every vein in her head straight into her eyes, she was seeing lights, she was grinding the gum. The gum was not reduced. Her anger was not stifled.

        "Jude! You going to come down by Jim's house? Ann's cooking for 20!", Lew, Jim's younger brother was standing in the middle of Old Man Sal's yard, leaning against a huge Oak who's shadow seemed to cover the entire yard. Jude struggled, the flavor of the gum and her inaudable anger made it impossible to respond. She felt herself quiver, her throat closed, stinging tears tried to get through the curtain of anger. She still hadn't responded, she hadn't stopped walking, she hadn't looked at Lew, she was still going.. but she had stopped chewing.                          

              Her feet knew she was a block away from her house, a few tears managed to escape but her angry eyes were boiling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Derrek Wesley Steven Gaspard


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

In all the years you have written, sometimes I can't help but love your little short stories the most, they are a beautiful irredescent bubble floating in a luminous afternoon breeze. xo

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
1 Review
Added on March 9, 2008
Last Updated on March 27, 2008

Author

Derrek Wesley Steven Gaspard
Derrek Wesley Steven Gaspard

Manchester, NH



About
Derrek Gaspard, born 1981, relocated from New Orleans (where he was born and raised), Louisiana to Manchester, NH in September of 2007. Derrek hasn't written anything worth reading yet but he is wor.. more..

Writing