Skai

Skai

A Story by Phae
"

this is a short prologue of a fantasy meets reality story

"
Silence.

You could almost smell the fear, taste death.

They were coming.

They would unleash destruction on every living thing in their path. He could not hold the field much longer.

The baby whimpered, growing uncomfortable in its mother's cold arms wrapped lovingly around it.

Yes my child, the man wanted to say, death is cold. Just a while longer, he could, no, he would do it. He would not fail his dead wife. She would be safe with the humans, for a tiime...

He began to hurry now, he could feel their presence more strongly. They were closing in fast. They raptured in the fear exuded by their victims, glorified in it.

They would find none in him.

He drew the baby closer sealing an amulet into her, protecting the princess, even in his death which was swiftly approaching. Skai would avenge their kingdom when the time was right.

A surge of power ripped through the castle and Skai was gone.

He heard them scream with rage and kept smiling even as they ripped his beating heart from his body.

*************************************************************

The woman panted heavily, cursing all and sundry as she struggled to evacuate her nine month tenant. With a final heave, the baby was pulled out.

She collapsed back into the barely recognizable pillows, drinking in the sight of her bawling daughter . The girl had a pair of healthy lungs and wasn't afraid to use them.

Everything looked fine but she couldn't shake the feeling, something was off...
Were baby's eyes supposed to flash blue? The woman chalked it up to exhaustion after nine hours of labour.

Flashing blue, crazy right?       


© 2012 Phae


Author's Note

Phae
please someone suggest something

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on December 4, 2012
Last Updated on December 4, 2012
Tags: this is a kind of draft

Author

Phae
Phae

Benin city, Nigeria



About
Uhh.... I'm 16, an optometry freshman -no, seriously- I like junk food and anime lol and the internet. I dislike irrationality. I don't like studying and not interested in learning how to cook. Love d.. more..

Writing
Monster In Me. Monster In Me.

A Poem by Phae