Better Luck Next Time

Better Luck Next Time

A Story by felioness
"

A short vampire tale...

"













The window was open so naturally I went in. I'm a curious creature. My mom often said it would be the death of me and it irks the hell out of me the old b***h was right.

Standing by the sleeping boy my cold heart beat a crazy tattoo. He was adorable! Lately I was feeling incredibly lonely. The long and repetitive nights were getting to me, and this kid reminded me of my little brother Perry. Dear Perry ... how I miss him. His death is a haunting pain. I clearly remember the day he died. It's forever etched in my memory. My meth addicted pig of a mother said he fell down the stairs, but it was obvious to me he had taken a severe beating.

Leaning forward I inhaled the boy's youthful essence. It was sweeter than cherry cola. Extending my fangs I quietly knelt by his side. Greedily my eyes fixed on the steady, throb of his jugular vein. Then I bit down. His blood was a drug and I was hurting, this kid was my cure. "I'll never be lonely again I thought, lost in ecstasy.

Sadly I just couldn't stop. When I drained every ounce of sweetness from him, I looked down at his lifeless remains and wiped the blood off with the back of my hand. "S**t!" I whispered, "too late." 


The open window beckoned. I had places to go and people to see. There's nothing I can do for the kid now anyway, I thought as I launched out the window and into the night, oh well, better luck next time.


















© 2016 felioness


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

a very dark vampire tale I like it hon

Posted 8 Years Ago


felioness

8 Years Ago

Thank You!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
1 Review
Added on February 20, 2016
Last Updated on February 20, 2016

Author

felioness
felioness

Saskatchewan, Canada



About
I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. I am a daydreamer who lives to write. I live quietly sharing my home with two dogs and three cats. more..

Writing
Black Dirt Black Dirt

A Poem by felioness