`The passionate young scholar`

`The passionate young scholar`

A Story by kattebel
"

'He had the look of a passionate scholar that juggled life and pleasure.'

"
It looked like he had lost a fight with his pillow, and the resulting hairdo was one of waviness and an unintentional quiff that he had attempted to subdue by running his fingers through it. He had the look of a passionate scholar that juggled life and pleasure. He sat in his seat, not slouched, but as if he was engaged in an active, fast-paced conversation with a professor, as he hung back after class to discuss some bits of research he had stumbled across the previous afternoon. 
He used his hands to talk for emphasis, and they hardly rested in his lap during his conversation with the friend that sat across from him at the table. He was playing with his lower lip, and she found it adorable in a cute, nervous sort of way. He made eye contact with her a few times as his eyes wandered the coffee shop. He’d look at her, give a sort of half-smile through a closed mouth, before looking away. She’d counted the number of times that this had happened to be about three. He had nice eyes- a pale sea green it seemed, but she couldn’t tell from that far away. 
He gave off an aura of defined and polished grace that he tried to hide, but it came out in the smallest of gestures. He moved his napkin to his lap, even if his friend did not, and he did not wave his empty coffee mug around like a mad man. If he hadn’t been playing with the pen that he held in his hands, she just seemed to know that his fingers would have been tapping on his knee, or fingering the hem of his shirt- a black one, with a white deer head on it. 
He looked spontaneous, and yet carefully planned. He had written reminders to himself on the back of his hands- the right wrist looked to be adorned with a few leather and fabric bracelets, whereas she thought she could see a watch on the left. 
Every once in a while, his hand would sneak up to nervously rake through his mop of dark brown waves, before going back to aiding the man in his discussion. His foot tapped occasionally, for she could see his knee bob up and down at times- the topsiders he wore looked nice.
From this, one might assume that she had been staring at him this entire time, when in reality she could see those little details in her head when she closed her eyes, and he just happened to be as bad as her when it came to uncomfortable eye contact with random strangers.
She wanted to know what he was talking about, for whatever it was made a grin appear on his face, and a spark in his eyes. 
He looked intelligent. He certain acted like it. She wanted to say hello.

© 2015 kattebel


Author's Note

kattebel
I have no idea what this is, but apparently this is my type. I think it's a work in progress.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's a great type to have - I'm certainly drawn to intelligence as well...I can't wait to find out if she ended up saying hi :)

I really like how you used contradictions to describe him too, "spontaneous, but carefully planned" and also how you captured the casual eye contact moments - those happen so often in life and I think you did a nice job describing it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kattebel

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I'm debating about whether or not to continue with this story for another chapt.. read more
mappingthenight

9 Years Ago

Definitely keep going!



Reviews

It's a great type to have - I'm certainly drawn to intelligence as well...I can't wait to find out if she ended up saying hi :)

I really like how you used contradictions to describe him too, "spontaneous, but carefully planned" and also how you captured the casual eye contact moments - those happen so often in life and I think you did a nice job describing it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kattebel

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I'm debating about whether or not to continue with this story for another chapt.. read more
mappingthenight

9 Years Ago

Definitely keep going!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 19, 2015
Last Updated on April 20, 2015

Author

kattebel
kattebel

United Kingdom



About
Words to describe me ❝Teenager❞ ❝Writer❞ ❝Petite❞ ❝Anxious❞ //I'm really awkward, I'm so sorry more..

Writing