`The messy personality`

`The messy personality`

A Story by kattebel
"

"He had messy hair, and a personality to match."

"
He was tall, with wide shoulders that were shown off by the leather jacket that he wore. It was a real leather jacket- not the kind that you'd get from a store for $15, but the genuine, quality leather jacket that you'd get on your 18th birthday. From the back, he looked like he was in shape- a healthy skinny, not skinny-skinny, but it was hard to judge from when she had been standing behind him.
 She thought that she had seen a bit of a tattoo snaking its way from his upper arm to his shoulder- from the front, it seemed to be an intricate design, but it would've been weird to get a closer look. It was hard to reliably see anyone in the dim lighting of a Mumford and Sons concert. He had messy hair, and a personality to match, though she doubted that his mind had the same natural curl that his hair possessed. 
A few minutes ago, or maybe a lot, he had asked her to stand in front of him, for he politely explained that he was worried that she could not see over his head to watch the concert. She had noticed that he had green eyes- but they might have been blue, for the lighting was not clear on his description. 
In all honesty, she had noticed how his height hampered her view of the stage, but she wouldn't have said anything. She had gratefully accepted, though, because it would have been strange to decline.
She could feel his eyes on her. Now, she knew that he had a lip piercing, and appeared to be tan. He looked like the type to go exploring; travelling all over the world. His face looked masculine, and as she turned around, the lights illuminated his face, casting a shadow over his nice jawline and high cheekbones. 
He had a smile on his face that became wider when she made eye contact with him- it made him look carefree and happy- and it suited him. He looked like he was genuinely enjoying himself- he had good music taste just by being at the concert, in her opinion. 
His face was youthful, but his mind was experienced in all that life had to offer. It was easy to see- in the smallest actions, such as the way he would introduce himself to strangers, and wasn't afraid to go out of his comfort zone. And when he asked for her number. 

© 2015 kattebel


Author's Note

kattebel
I wrote this based off of my friend describing a guy that she met at a concert, and I'm not entirely happy with all of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's a good description, but you might reword the last sentence.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kattebel

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the feedback! I had doubts about the final sentence's wording, too- it seemed iffy.
nice, but there were some mistakes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kattebel

9 Years Ago

Could you elaborate, please? I've found it hard to self-edit at times, and this was certainly one of.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 21, 2015

Author

kattebel
kattebel

United Kingdom



About
Words to describe me ❝Teenager❞ ❝Writer❞ ❝Petite❞ ❝Anxious❞ //I'm really awkward, I'm so sorry more..

Writing