If You Can See Me - Part I

If You Can See Me - Part I

A Chapter by Fede

He had enough courage to ask her out. He was feeling confident and said, “let’s go for a coffee tomorrow”. She answered that she loved coffee and was looking forward to it. He saw her at one course they both took at college but they never said anything to each other, they only shared some time when they had to do an investigation which helped them to get acquainted.

He idealized her. She proved to be an intelligent girl and despite being a girl of common beauty, to him, she looked special. Her face was bright as a full moon but it always seemed colourless, pale. Long, straight black hair that swinged with grace with every step she did. A shorter than average upper lip that showed yellowish gapped teeth. Her face was round and used rectangular glasses which looked terrible on her. Her eyes seemed hazelnut but he was sure they were greener. They weren’t.

The moment arrived.

He said he didn’t want to talk about him. He would rather talk about her. She started talking. He realized he didn’t want to look at her while she was talking or even pay attention to her words. As ephemeral as he didn’t want it that to be, his idealization of her vanished as quick as eyelids close. She wasn’t longer special. She talked about all the things she hated, why her parents were boring, why her education wasn’t important because of her intelligence. 

He texted something and soon, his phone rang. 

"I have to go. My best friend has had an accident. I’ll call you later, as soon as I can." 

"I’ll call you tomorrow, hope he’s fine." She meant it.



© 2014 Fede


Author's Note

Fede
Constructive criticism. I changed the the way I usually write and I find it hard to accept it as mine.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on August 4, 2014
Last Updated on August 8, 2014
Tags: short story, story, fiction


Author

Fede
Fede

Argentina



Writing