Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Singing This Lie Of Mine

Singing This Lie Of Mine

A Story by Jane Doe
"

Go With The Flow.

"

This Lie I’m Singing

It starts out with two teenagers screaming to the top of their lungs ‘Bulletproof Love’ by Pierce the Veil. Then the boy, who is driving checks a message on his phone. They end up crashing, into an 18 wheeler and the boy dies but the girl just barely survives. She had fell in love with him, then he died and she witnessed it she hasn’t found any one else to make her happy. But one day everything changed, her heart rearranged and everything seemed to gradually seem slightly better.

Day 1

I was doing the usual ignoring my English teacher, listening to my iPod and doodling into my notebook. Then the idiot had the nerves to call me out and ask me a question.

“Jeanette, I asked you a question.” Mr. Phiphus stated as if I hadn’t realized it.

“Yes, and I have decided to ignore the question. Why don’t you call on someone who cares? Like Rae the snob up there with her hand high and her b***s hanging out” Then I smirked at Rae as she adjusted her top and piped up in her squeaky high pitched voice.

“Yes, Mr. P I agree with Billy Jean” then she smirked at me as I rolled my eyes then she continued. “If she is not complying I would be more than happy to answer the question sir.”

As Mr. P rolled his eyes the bell rang and everyone was excused, I gathered my belongings and left quickly. But as soon as I stepped out in the hallway I felt as if I was being watched, I glanced all around me and found no one. I shrugged it off but the feeling remained as I practically ran to history. I threw open the door just as the late bell rung, all eyes were on me and my teachers glare included. I took my seat while Ms. Langhorne stood up front with a new kid, I assume. But before she could introduce him the bell rang for lunch and everyone hustled out of there.

I grabbed a pack of crackers from the vending machine, my iPod and my notebook then went to my table. But there he sat, his blue eyes made something in my stomach stir, so I just stood there baffled and glaring at him. He finally noticed and looked up at me, my stomach clenched and he gestured for me to sit in front of him. I tossed my stuff on the table but kept my iPod in my hands careful not to break it then I sat down. He went back to his notebook and I put my head buds in but as soon as my favorite song came on he extended his hand and stared at me.

“I seriously hope you don’t think I’m going to shake your hand, because I won’t. For all I know you just went and killed someone, probably haven’t even washed your hands. Why are you even here? No one sits here this is my table go away, I don’t even know you. Leave.”

He looked at me as if I were insane; he bit his lip, his nostrils flared, and he clenched his teeth together then went back to his notebook. Suddenly he froze, looked up at me and went off.

“You should be thankful I am even here, I should of stayed away like everyone told me too. Everyone and I mean everyone and their mom told me not to mess with you and I thought maybe you’re lonely. I thought maybe having a friend could help but I guess not. Whatever.”

Then all awkwardly he sighed obviously frustrated and went back to his book muttering under his breath. Lunch dragged by and within the last 5 minutes I got up to toss my trash. When I returned he showed me his notebook I was astonished at what he had drawn. I was looking directly at myself; he had everything near matching with my face. The way my dark bangs hung low and swooped to the side just barely covering my right eye, exactly each freckle and the mole half way between my collar bone and chest, on the left. He drew me with an angry look on my face I was glaring up at him and it was just insanely detailed, really lifelike.

It was scary and as if he read my mind he rolled his eyes then strode towards the exit. But when he left I felt empty, in that weird non-romantic way if there is such a thing. Then I slowly made my way back to history pondering on what took up the other pages in the notebook, was there more pictures. If so who were they of, me or does he do this to every girl and at that thought my face drained of color except my cheek. I did a mental history erase, sat down and focused on history not his mysterious blue eyes or full lips, those cute triceps or anything else about him.  

The final bell finally rang after an hour of history, and I zoomed out of the building into my orange Mazda ’06. Racing home I got a text from an unidentified number, so as soon as I put my car into park I pulled out my phone. I texted the person back to ask who it was and as I was in the middle of my history homework my phone buzzed. Oh goodie it’s him I thought as I read the message, in which he didn’t even say it was him. I only knew because he was apologizing for lunch, he said people call him by his middle name, Roy, but his first name is Allixander. So in return I told him my name and that people call me by my first name not my middle. Then I fell asleep with half of my homework done and a new message from him.

I woke up, checked my phone and all it said was goodnight from him as if he was watching me and saw me drifting to sleep. I smiled and that lasted the rest of the morning till lunch. Unfortunately I noticed he wasn't there, and without him I felt lost.

© 2012 Jane Doe


Author's Note

Jane Doe
to be continued(:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed the rich description you gave to this opening part of your story. It made your main characters personality and quirks jump out. I felt that the story started slow, but then built up spead and in a sense suspence, so that as I got to the end, it made me curious as to what would happen next. You did good work!

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


Cute

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 5, 2012
Last Updated on August 4, 2012

Author

Jane Doe
Jane Doe

FL



About
I miss the way words would flow out on to a page and express my deepest concerns so I have returned. more..

Writing