Individuality

Individuality

A Story by Fiona
"

Marking the beginning of her reign of individuality, of separation from those around her, Jamie buys a new pair of shoes.

"

Individuality

Sketchy. Dark hair that covers her eyes. She’s the kind of girl that your mom hurries you past when you see her on the streets of New York. But my five year old self was curious when my mom tried to hurry me by her. I most clearly remember the boots she had. Big clunky combat boots, black with yellow laces.

                I was twelve when I saw them again in the shoe store. “Doc Martens.” I admired them, I loved them, I needed them. When I told my mom, she looked at me like I was crazy. I knew she hated them, but I didn’t care. They had character.

                And by my thirteenth birthday, she grudgingly obliged… Even if it was only because they were the only thing on my birthday wish list. I now owned a beautifully outrageous pair of Doc Martens.

I wore them for the first day of school, clashing them beautifully with a floral dress. People stared, but I loved them.

And that was the beginning of my reign of individuality.

© 2012 Fiona


Author's Note

Fiona
I'm going to make this just a couple of chapters long, please read and review!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting. Love it. Keep writing:))

Posted 10 Years Ago


I absolutely love this. I really want doc martens now.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm looking forward to what this goes to.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this! It reminds me of my childhood, and how desperate I was to wear what I wanted and portray myself how I wanted, even if my parents weren't too fond of the things I liked.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was awesome! I liked how it ended. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Please continue this story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fiona

11 Years Ago

Awww thanks! I think I'm going to :p
writingcrazy55555

11 Years Ago

Now I want Doc Martens! :)
:-)
Mine had red laces :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fiona

11 Years Ago

They're really the best shoes I own ;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

711 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012
Tags: drmartens, combatboots, shoes, individuality, individual, separation, story, fiction

Author

Fiona
Fiona

New York, NY



About
I love to read and write, it's finding the time that's tricky. My names Fiona, I'm in high school so I will admit I'm quite amateur. Do keep in mind, one of my favorite stories is that S.E. Hinton w.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..