Lie To Me

Lie To Me

A Story by FireFly
"

What is darkness but a deceptive guise?

"

"Lie to me, sir", the young girl whispered to the darkness. Pressing in on all sides, it threatened to suffocate her.

"Who are you, child? What is it you seek?"

The girl shifted her weight so that the light of the moon fell on her face, illuminating grisly scars that cover her once beautiful visage. "Oh, sir, all I want is for you to lie to me."

The darkness seemed to shiver with irritation. "But why, girl? Why would you ever want to be lied to? I control you. You want happiness, yes?"

A single silver tear escaped the golden eye of the girl. "Oh yes, sir, I do want happiness."

The darkness pressed into the girl even closer than before. "Then why on Earth would you want me to lie to you? Answer me, child!"

The young girl grimaced as the force of the darkness nearly stole her breath away. "Sir, I wish for you to lie to me because the truth is written in your eyes."

© 2012 FireFly


Author's Note

FireFly
Stories seem to be coming to me easier....thoughts? Reviews?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

the way u have written it
it makes the reader concentrate and imparts a curious stimulus........
well penned!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I loved it :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


This one blew me away. Such creativity and darkness. I apologize, I am sitting here trying to figure out the exact perfect thing to say and I can't, I just keep staring at that face and into those eyes. This will goes to my favorites. What is the word count on this piece. It is one of the best Flash Fiction or Micro Flash Fiction stories I have ever read, and I read a lot of them. So very cool.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really cool! =) I totally thought it would go a different direction till the last line hit. I loved the darkness that your words painted the scene with. That and the girl have these bright golden eyes really made for a wicked visual! I liked it alot! =)

Kate

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome piece, it captures the truth of what many people are feeling.
I love the last bit "Sir, I wish for you to lie to me because the truth is written in your eyes."

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh this is such a sheer brilliance, how many times, we see this in people's eyes, they smile, but we see they hate us, of what we are, and still they lie about it.
I guess with this rich metaphor you nailed it! Glad I came by to read you! xo

E.L.

Posted 11 Years Ago


FireFly

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm glad you liked my story :)

11 Years Ago

I really did, thank you! I will read more of your brilliant insights.
awesomeness

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is very powerful and short story! Nicely written.. ♥

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is mysterious and a bit eerie. I would like to know the whole truth behind this girl and her scars.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awwww, a beautiful story.
So shrort , but poignant
well written and thought
provoking.
Thank You
------ John

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

534 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 12, 2012
Last Updated on April 12, 2012

Author

FireFly
FireFly

OH



About
I'm a college sophomore who loves to write. I also like strawberries, sunshine, running, reading, and music of all kinds. "Sleep perchance to dream" more..

Writing
Lifeless Lifeless

A Poem by FireFly



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Naughty ;) Naughty ;)

A Poem by Quill~


SEX SEX

A Poem by The Nude Writer