The capsule of silence

The capsule of silence

A Story by Jason
"

Some thoughts in response to Lilains story 'On Love'

"

 

I have had my fair share of would-be ‘love’ in which is reflected (and sometimes very misogynistic, I know) in my writings. I find love and hate to be not only a very, very thin line but also the most triggering to my muse. Maybe that’s why I frequent this kind of love? I don’t know. I do know what true love is not though. My experiences have led me to where I am today, so, I do not regret the past. Here we are now and thank you to Lilain, I have written down some thoughts of my ‘love capsule’. What is it that Jason is looking for? Sometimes I don’t even know that question…
The following is something I have come up with to explain, or give a feeling of my moment in which time stands still and bows to love, at the same time, maybe giving myself insight on this journey to love and to be loved.
 
“Silence speaks the loudest”
 
I can talk all night with someone I have something in common with. I am a ‘jack’ of all trades. I play golf, I am an accomplished bowler and have played baseball. I also love Chopin and Beethoven. I play guitar, sing and write my own music. I consider myself a full rounded artist as well as an (out of shape) athlete. I usually can find something in common with you, your friends and your sister's boyfriend. I have a sense of humor. I CAN talk all night about all subjects and I have, many times until the sun comes up.
 
So that begs a question. What defines love for me?
 
I write often about imagery, surroundings, landscapes, wind, water and all the elements of weather and scenery. Why? Because I feel that love is spoiled by the words that come out of our mouths (especially my mouth, which is why I write). We as humans are brought into this world, not yet knowing or learning the ability of ‘speech’, ‘language’. It is in this where we, as babies, are loved unconditionally. Why? Because we are pure. I believe that it is our ‘detachment’ from this where we have our problems, our loss of our connection –spiritually. Yes, all babies are born innocent. So to me, a return to this innocence would be represented in that pureness that is ‘nature’.
 
To exist with another human being, a spouse, a lover, many of us feel the need to talk to prove that existence. It may be love, it may not, that is not for me to say. I know what love feels like to me. That moment where I exist with her. The only sound is nature. The connection with her is inner. Silence. With her in my arms, I can gaze into the ocean, the lake, at the trees, at the flowers, as wind existing with nature, the only sounds. Even the stars make sounds that reverberate deep inside the chambers of our hearts. That is pure love. That is the moment in which my ‘time capsule’ holds. Silence speaks the loudest for love.

© 2008 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

" silence speaks the loudest"
i love it

Posted 15 Years Ago


"Silence speaks the loudest"

To exist with another human being, a spouse, a lover, many of us feel the need to talk to prove that existence. It may be love, it may not, that is not for me to say. I know what love feels like to me. That moment where I exist with her. The only sound is nature. The connection with her is inner. Silence. With her in my arms, I can gaze into the ocean, the lake, at the trees, at the flowers, as wind existing with nature, the only sounds. Even the stars make sounds that reverberate deep inside the chambers of our hearts. That is pure love. That is the moment in which my 'time capsule' holds. Silence speaks the loudest for love.

I love this part of your piece, Jason. The most impactful part of your story to me was "Silence speaks the loudest." I think you have something here. Very well done. We learn a lot about people through their writing. You definitely sound like a multi-talented individual....

Enjoyed this! :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


My heart bows to you. I love this. For you are absolutely right - love needs no words. Indeed, we spend too much time trying to capture the capsule and explain it, when in truth love is beyond fancy verbiage. Silence. Touch. Contentment.... connections.

Well said, Jason, well said.

And thank you for responding. I wasn't sure if anyone would, and I'm glad to have your thoughts to file in my mind as I ponder the mystery of love further.

Enjoy the silence...



Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
3 Reviews
Added on May 23, 2008
Last Updated on May 23, 2008

Author

Jason
Jason

Pasadena, CA



About
There are some really beautiful people on this site that I am glad to have met! So many have crossed my heart... - I already know that something is wrong with me, so no need to remind me when I.. more..

Writing
Chivalrous Chivalrous

A Screenplay by Jason


motion motion

A Poem by Jason