twisted rose statue

twisted rose statue

A Chapter by fitz Roberts

John dialed the 9, the 1, and the 1 again. But then he hesitated. If he called this in they gave up all chances of getting away with this.
He hit the send button and the phone rang to life. Maybe he still had a chance of getting away. There's always chance. Just in his case, it would be slim. But it's not everyday that genius and insanity are born to create what they were doing.
"Braxton 911. What is the location of your emergency?" said the dispatcher.
"Uh .. kinda near exit 41. I don't know."
"Can you see any signs or can you tell me the names of buildings you are near?"
"Uh, yeah. There's some statue of some silly rose thing, I don't know. Can't you GPS me or anything? I mean you're the cops, or at least, so you say.”
Step one 'piss of the dispatcher' accomplished. Now for step two.
"Thank you for permission to track your phone." said the dispatcher.
That was not part of the plan. S**t. That's what spontaneous does to plans, it randomly pushes them off a cliff. Step two 'picking up the evidence' needed to happen faster.
"What is the nature of the emergency?" said the dispatcher.
John walked the scene, destroying prints left from his boots. It would've looked odd to passersby. He obscured the footprints, only to leave another fresh ones. Cussing, he picked up a branch and made quick work of the footprint, but now he had to do something with this branch.
"Sir are you OK? You're breathing pretty hard. Help is almost there,” said the dispatcher.
John hung up. There was no point talking to the dispatcher. He heard sirens. There was no time to get away. That's when a radical idea hit him. He grabbed a low branch and lifted himself into the tree. By the time the cops arrived, he was concealed by the foliage.
"The GPS ping is over that way" he heard an officer say.
"Dang," he whispered to himself as he threw the phone. It landed by the statue of the twisted rose. He held his breath as that same officer walked under him, shining his flashlight everywhere but up.
"I found someone!" shouted a cop. Thank goodness they found her.
"Why isn't the ambulance here yet?" said another cop.
"You did the right thing," a voice said in his ear.


© 2014 fitz Roberts


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on July 16, 2014
Last Updated on July 16, 2014


Author

fitz Roberts
fitz Roberts

warner robins, GA



About
I like to write hope you enjoy how I paint a picture with words 27 you old male hoping to be a decent writer Lol more..

Writing