when adventure calls

when adventure calls

A Chapter by fitz Roberts
"

Still unfinished will add to later but first chapter

"
This is it that moment. what do you do?do you stop and listen to things That brought you here? This choice, this one thing that brought to this moment.this future affecting decision that decides who you really are.
Seperate the truly born to be kings and queens from the low born scags.That wallow in the streets eating rats for a meal.The moments before you unfold one by one leading me here.
The moment that ultimately decides who you are as person and what your life will be.It not being something you could ever prepare for.your moment should you ever been blessed enough to have.
"this is it Jo'cour are you coming with me? "Fidgeting he rocked back and forth debating each time stepping to closer and closer to the door."Jo'cour you'll never have this chance again it will never come your way twice in a lifetime when it has only come to me once at the end of mine "
Tris grabbed her cane and bag moving to the door."new Lands have been found in the new world " she touched the knob pushing past him "I'll not wait around for you Jo it is your decision to make but adventure only comes once".
Jo'cour stuttered "I....but...I mean....aren't you scared?"she opened the door looking back to him "ofcourse I am but I'm scared of how I'll look at myself if I don't even try " he nodded and sat in the chair."I packed your bag if decide to come , the portal "vagrants road " will shut soon and it won't open till next year."
He tilted the chair back and forth as he thought.the door shut and he looked towards it rocking too far back the chair hurled backwards as if triggering todays events forward.he jumped up and began pacing.
He wasn't scared,he just never could make a decision for himself.he grabbed his bag slinging it across one shoulder.He was only 28 even though most only lived to be 35. he had plenty if years to go the new world did it have to be now.
It would still be there wouldn't I mean where would it go really? He sighed touching the door knob he threw himself forward and burst through the door, but swung it closed shutting the room of from the sun outside.
The streets bustled and wove in it's own a rythm.bartering for this that ,the lovers in the street singing goodbyes and sobbing.chance of a life time.he couldn't wuss out .Rider would never for give him.eternally a wuss he would be.
He sighed throwing his pack around his back dashing threw the door.he ran the streets weaving through the people.he ran to the docks trying to avoid bumping into the fruit stands here and there he only had an hour to find Jill and hour to get to the portal.
He skidded to a halt as caught sight of tris golden hair glinting in the light.good he found her early he had time to haggle a bit before they left.he struggled with decisions but he was tight negotiator.mostly beca use by the time he made up his mind they usually just give him what he wants so he'll be on his way
"I knew you would come"she smiled as he shambled next to her out of breath."well"he gasped "I still haven't decided I'm coming"she laughed as the trumpets sounded.Yarl greentook stepped forward silencing the trumpets by lifting his arms.
"Good people of dier today is the final day of the harvest moon"he seemed to take in the whole crowd with his gaze.all were silent to interrupt him would mean the death or worse."Those of you who decide to take vagrants road know that you do it only with MY good graces."
Someone scoffed the yarl acted like he didn't hear and kept speaking."Know that even through the portal you still represent dier and shall not sully my good name."the man that scoffed was grabbed by two of the yarl's men his throat slit infront of everyone.
No one even made a noise.everyone's attention stayed on the yarl.The yarl smiled and finished his speech "Now everyone enjoy the festival and those of you who travel vagrants road don't forget your homage owed in a years time"he stepped from the podium and the uproar of people started again.


© 2015 fitz Roberts


Author's Note

fitz Roberts
Plenty of grammar problems I know point out and I'll fix thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on January 19, 2015
Last Updated on January 19, 2015


Author

fitz Roberts
fitz Roberts

warner robins, GA



About
I like to write hope you enjoy how I paint a picture with words 27 you old male hoping to be a decent writer Lol more..

Writing