____ The Moon ____

____ The Moon ____

A Story by __Flaw__

 

Moon light shining thin and bright, thinner and a little brighter, this change in intensity is caused due to heavy clouds swarming the dark sky. Stars twinkling some here and there, drenched through holes made by the race of those thick clouds. They don't stay still for even a single moment. They race past my existence, as if they are on for a win and I am looking at these mysteries with transfixed eyes.

One moon and this huge sky above my head, what courage does it confines in itself that it has this desire to lull darkness in it's full cry....alone, in the dark...and yet...since centuries, it's fate unsurpassed, it's desire unfulfilled, and it's achievement.... well it doesn't say, actually, it might doesn't even know, it doesn't even care. Seems as if it's happy in what it does, giving out light, without asking anything in return, anything.

And I am watching this extravagant festival of twinkling lights, these shades of blue, moon's indispensable yet obligatory smile, and it makes my heart smile as well, for I see no other reason to make myself aloof of such charismatic event and claim to be unmoved. Ooh yes I have a heart, a heart that's got it's own brain, it's own soul, it's own existence.

And my heart tells me to relax, she would be coming soon. She would be on her way. She would make it back in no time.

A few moments later nature turns its tides on my festival.  Thicker clouds take their course. They are more subtle and organized; covering the last remaining features of what was once a moon. Darkness crept with all its hideous features and moon light died faintly, inevitably.

Droplets; the first one struck some where deep in my heart, gave earth its bathe and freshness. Rain that makes u feel like you are naked when it's cold droplets hit your neck and eventually soak up your cloths, and some where some how, they were also immersing my last lingering optimism.

Here I am, in this rain, freezing temperatures, cold blooded God forsaken rain and...Where are you?

My heart, with the slightest remaining stroke of beat makes a sigh. May be she would be coming after this rain, maybe she won’t, maybe she's stuck. God knows but there might be something abstracting her path, you are not there how would you know. And so, I hold on to this last, faint, slim, enduring feather.

It's been ages now but that feather have not seized to spun it's dances in the air, a territory where even winds have become my enemy, that feather have always been flying, flying with colors, making my heart a feather with it's soar and lift.

People argue and disagree, quarrel and flee, but for this heart to set free...
They say I am a madman, and yet, I live another day, and die another glee...
Heaven have looked upon my soul, and I have showed no spree
for my heart has his own master, its own Door, its own key

 

 

And comes a passer by, asks me what I am doing here, alone, in this deserted land. I say nothing. He comes near and taps my shoulder, waiting for some response. I give him a smile, yet spit nothing. He looks into my eyes and says , 'You have the eyes of a man, I knew before. You must have seen endless moonlights'.

I confirmed his answer with a nod. He took my hands into his and said in the most exquisite manner...'Tell me about her'

It was the first time I looked carefully into his eyes, those blue, icy cold eyes. They showed glimpses of familiarity. I hesitated, but for those, ever seeking, ever questioning, curious and quizzical eyes:

'She', I replied... 'She', I replied. 'She's a rainbow to me, and in her, I found colors that no other creature can reflect upon my heart. She's gone but told me she would return, and since then, I have been waiting for her, dusk and dawn, day and night, no matter what's the sight. I am always here, waiting for her to come, to come to me, and I have lost count, I have lost my senses but I have never lost this sight, this spot’...I replied with a touch of relief.

He asked me intently...' Would you like to join her where ever she was?’

And I was breathless.

For a moment I thought about that feather: what gave the feather the power to fly, yet without wings and a tail, it flies, flies higher than any eye could trace it. Now I knew, not wings and tails made the feather fly, but ... but it was hope...it was that hope.

I asked those blue eyes, clutching those hands I asked those icy eyes, now warming my entire existence' Can you? '

He gave me a nod. I thought I saw a thousand moons shining brightly like sun in this desolated darkness.

Suddenly I began to fly, fly like a feather. He was holding my hand and we were lifting weightless like we have just defied gravity, and my heart, that lingering last hope, it was a mountain now.

As I was going through those heavy rainy clouds, I looked at the moon. It was also smiling. it's lights amplified by a thousand times, making way for me into this gloomy hollow space, in the darkness.

And for once I felt I am leaving someone behind me.

But the moon would stay there for ever, giving light and making men like me to hold on to that last beat, this night and every other night to follow. I prayed for Moon to be free one day.

One day we would all fly...like feathers. I said my farewells to my friend the moon and set off, set off to my destination.

The moon ... is still among us, alone. Waiting for sun to once again dawn upon us, and who knows...

One day...they would be united as well.

In anticipation, let’s hope.

© 2008 __Flaw__


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. Taking my breath away with all the loveliness scattered on this page. And the interchange between the man with the icy blue eyes... and passing the moon on your way... woah, I have no words for this. I feel like I've just sat on your shoulder as you conversed with the moon and felt a slight tickle on my nose as your feather floated by. This is brilliance.

Posted 16 Years Ago


People argue and disagree, quarrel and flee....but for this heart to set free...
They say i am a madman, and yet, i live another day, and die another glee...
Heaven have looked upon my soul, and I have showed no spree
For my heart has his own master, it's own Door, it's own key

Very beautiful, romantic, whispery light like the feather in which you wrote. Loved this line, "And I asked those blue eyes, I clutched those hands firmly and asked those eyes, icy eyes, now warming my entire existence, ' Can You? " This is worthy of reading again and again.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The moon personified in the feminine form, as often the moon is, it's a fair personification when you consider the effect the moon has on cycles including the cycles of women. Any how. Brighter and brighter still like the moon or she, become brighter when the shrouds about are dark, yes some people also radiate/beam/seem brighter than others also and can transfix eyes. And some people beam brighter when they are shone upon, like all those stars, yet as bright as those stars are they are just little glow worms once the sun rises, yet the moon will still shine pale in a powder blue sky.

A desire to lull darkness, grin, well the moon really is like a woman then, well the ones that cant resist the bad boy, yes there is some crazy phenomena around that but well I really don't know what its cause is. Fate, desire and achievement, throwing together these three things really does seem to put a different light on the moon =D Fate, consummate well fate cant really be anything but. Desire unfulfilled I can't see the moon having desire, but half the world is unfulfilled perhaps far more than half. Achievement, well not everyone discusses achievement and for others perhaps it gets a bit boring, I'd opt for boring personally� Giving out light, yes far more rewarding far more satisfying and discharging what can top that? =) Not much.

I kind of grin here, watching on, a kind of rhapsody of lights and smiles and well almost like the stars have formed a circle LOL sorry I just got that picture of the paramount stars spinning in a circle upon a mountain top =) , cool. But yes with all that going on, how does one stand back? Beats me. And good for you, you have a cooperative heart.

But then the skies darken when anyone goes messing with hope the skies darken.
I get a little sad here, "where are you?" Things at their worse, but where is she? Does she know how cold the rain is? From the time the rain begins in this,,,, awwwwww I just sighed and sighed and sighed, and saw to much in this write,,,, and cant say anything other than, ouchie, this write got very ouchie.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful... 'She', I replied. 'She's a rainbow to me, and in her, I found colors that no other creature can reflect upon my heart. She's gone but told me she would return, and since then, I have been waiting for her, dusk and dawn, day and night, no matter what's the sight. I am always here, waiting for her to come, to come to me, and I have lost count, i have lost my senses but i have never lost this sight, this spot.'..

just beautiful.




Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 1, 2008

Author

__Flaw__
__Flaw__

Cyprus, kinda..., Turkey



About
Just sneaking!!! ;)) more..

Writing