____ Mirror, mirror on the wall ____

____ Mirror, mirror on the wall ____

A Story by __Flaw__


Stand still and have a closer look. It's not what I think, is it?

The first wrinkle, the first visible white hair or even that awful looking gap under your eyeball, and you think you were prepared. It’s there right in front of your face mocking you, triggering a not-so-false alarm. And all you can do is, stare.

Life rolls in a flash back of sequences, so many memories leap like butterflies and they are everywhere. The first time you went to school, oh what a horrible day on earth it was. The first time you got involved in a fight, the first time you had a fall from your bike, and every first of everything that you ever experienced laments your present. And this is a first as well, the first of very harsh truths that was always there right under your nose, but you keep bullying it, the change. And so it's come.

The butterflies now are loosing color and look more like moths, heavier and bigger than you have ever seen. They reflect your choices that lead to what you are now. Every success tasted and reflected your passion and indifferent will, but again, it comes with an expanse.

I kept looking at my reflection, thoughts somewhere else; far, far away into the past. I kept staring at my face and tried to remember how I looked when I won the science exhibition contest back in college. And perhaps it was then, when a hundred different faces leapt though my eyes, faces that I once knew and adored, but this mirror showed no reflection of their existence. And a story of a thousand stories just faded away like a fragile whisper.

After a few moments of self restoration, I snarled the stairs up to the roof. A fresh breeze of the world outside my territory greeted me, with vigorous black clouds and the fresh scent of earth awaiting my attention. Soon it's going to rain I reckon, and soon the odor will be amplified a thousand times...which made me see and stutter to another whole new world of change...that's not going to be reflected through any mirror on the wall...

But absorbed...deep down under.

© 2008 __Flaw__


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh yes I can relate to that. That crease (I don't even want to use the word wrinkle) that wasn't there and now it is, first there's mild horror and shock and then comes acceptance and then eventually you even make friends with it and all is well again, until the next discovery.

Loved this line "And this is a first as well, the first of very harsh truths that was always there right under your nose," Nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved it!! I can so relate, :-( I remember the days when I would be up all night and look in the mirror the next morning and looked like I had 10 hours of sleep...yep.. the good ole days..lol

Posted 16 Years Ago


These time changes should be viewed as badges of honor, as rights of passage, so to speak. I view mine with pride, each gray hair that will follow another as simply something I definitely earned, each crease as simply one more memory added to my growing collection of imperfections...in this imperfect world, I feel I fit right in rather well! Great job of writing this "timely" piece!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

*The butterflies now are loosing color and look more like moths ....

... very interesting, very profound actually. I like this a lot and especially considering your age, your really ahead of yourself but what an awesome writing. Yay! Go you!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting and enticing write.
I love how you compared butterflies to the past and reflecting it to the present and future.
Like change, or metamorphosis.

Nice job! :]


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This one is hot!!! I love it. Of course, you're only 29 per your bio, so you get no sympathy from this old fart! lol
Nice write, indeed!! See, you can write!!! : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh yes I can relate to that. That crease (I don't even want to use the word wrinkle) that wasn't there and now it is, first there's mild horror and shock and then comes acceptance and then eventually you even make friends with it and all is well again, until the next discovery.

Loved this line "And this is a first as well, the first of very harsh truths that was always there right under your nose," Nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2008

Author

__Flaw__
__Flaw__

Cyprus, kinda..., Turkey



About
Just sneaking!!! ;)) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..