____ Words ____

____ Words ____

A Story by __Flaw__

Frankly, it's nothing to do with what you feel or observe, or even believe.
It's all about how you depict!

And that's the ironic part. No matter how beautiful or wretched your feelings are, you are always, and always, a slave for words.

To an extent, it's an art. Since the first transcript that ever existed, and to this new age of information and media enhancements, the tradition is the same, feelings are different. Perhaps, we have neglected the strength.

Perhaps we are again just being human, disposing how easy it is to say and show our feelings and thoughts. For a few of us, it matters, it matters most, and perhaps we belong to such a type; the mute one.

And while we observe how important these alphabets and digits are to our lives, and how much our own lives are indebted to them, we forget yet again that it's our lives that we should be focusing and not the catalysts that help us remodel our lifestyles. And so, we have a chance to express, and make others feel how we feel.

Words, sometimes we play and fiddle with them, while we have the luxury and time at our stake, but sometimes it's the other way around when on a bay day, and they play with us, fiddle and recreate scenarios.

Like a whisper in the air, like a screech of despair, sometimes as hard as a rock, sometimes persistent as the ticking clock. Words are soft and tender, slim smart and slender. Sometimes they possess a face, of humanity and race, of dilemmas and history, of every known category. And so in words lie our own universe, from the atom to the skies above us. It's words, and everything and anything, is bound to it.

Be honest with your words, 'cos they have the strength to affect one's heart, directly...honestly...indiscreetly.

Be true to your words, like you are true to your heart. And when you have the opportunity, don't hold back...or it might be too late...

And a very few of us get second chances.

© 2008 __Flaw__


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just to confirm: you're spreading the [very important] message that writers need to put effort into HOW they say things, as well as what they're saying? I agree.
I also agree with your observation re: how few people calling themselves writers respect the art of writing enough, preferring to concentrate on emotional outpouring. That's fine, if it's what they need to do, but if they hold hopes of writing for their profession, then they need to nurture that respect, and, subsequently, their words.
As you say [I think?], for some of us, writing is our primary and beloved form of communication, and we therefore take more pride in it than those who are 'dabbling'.

Good write. The paragraph where you use internal rhyming seemed to be illustrating your point, which was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I hope more people read this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's not what you say it's how you say it. Or is it?! I always thought so but now reading your piece it seems to be saying we should get to the point. I don't know though, words are so beautiful it's good to play with them sometimes, to paint pictures and illustrate points as long as the point doesn't get lost. You got me thinking with this piece, always a good thing. Your words are provocative. Words can do so much when they hit the right places.

A very small point, I think you could lose the "are" at the end of this sentence... "No matter how beautiful or wretched your feelings are,".

Nice writing, again :)



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A deeply thoughtful examination of words and their attributes. Yes, they have the ability to heal or hurt, inspire or degrade, plus much, much more. Just think what you would give if you could go back in time and tell that one person "I love you"? Just words---right?

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

And while we observe how important "these alphabets and digits" are to our lives, and how much our own lives are indebted to them, we forget yet again that it's our lives that we should be focusing and not the catalysts that help us remodel our lifestyles.

My favorite words. Wonderfully written and enjoyable to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

My goodness, my friend what you've done is confirm to me what we all should nail to our walls. As writers we do indeed have an awesome responsibility and it never to be taken lightly. I wrote about it once myself [but not nearly as eloquently as you have] You never fail to amaze me or leave me hungering for more. A satisfying read, I will favorite it and also paste it to my front page, I hope you won't mind as you inspire me and I many others I am sure.

Wow.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Atif, I should make you coffee and send you cookies and coffee express post allllllll the way to the other end of the world. Cause, I do enjoy your stories.. They are such a different and pleasant side to you.. But enough about you, dont want you thinking you're pleasant, too much =P .
Reminds me of a piece that was never re loaded after the crash... Involved fiddles well a Stradivarius violin at least, but enough with the strings already. The message is clear here, speak up of your true self, thoughts, feelings, dreams... Because writers are such prostitutes of language (for the want of better expression). So often we all write covered so thickly in metaphor really most people have no idea of the true meaning we convey, but why do we do that? Because mostly writers are cowards we are all guilty of standing on a seesaw that going to hit the ground yet writing toward the raised end to balance ourselves out. As people who may not be great writers we know we do this, we know we hide behind words so often untraceable to any source, so when poet or story writer is dancing naked we don't see, when we are huddled beneath blankets shutting out the world we don't see, when their hearts are truly broken we don't see, when their love is streaming from a roof top we don't see.. We don't see Atif, because every write is a proclamation, writers know better than to attempt to capture the wildly free stream fed from some one else's melting snow in the sun or flooding rain and try to make it your own, when it will spill along the stream having many faces reflected off its surface. But I do see your point, when a writer writes perhaps its better not to try to tilt ones personal scales but rather sink and soar love and hate as our own words rush through and over us. Less masquerade and modest dress when the times feel unabashedly naked or vulnerable. Perhaps if writers wrote this way we would seem far more credible, I don't know... But I like your trains of thought you give us on occasion.



Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Just to confirm: you're spreading the [very important] message that writers need to put effort into HOW they say things, as well as what they're saying? I agree.
I also agree with your observation re: how few people calling themselves writers respect the art of writing enough, preferring to concentrate on emotional outpouring. That's fine, if it's what they need to do, but if they hold hopes of writing for their profession, then they need to nurture that respect, and, subsequently, their words.
As you say [I think?], for some of us, writing is our primary and beloved form of communication, and we therefore take more pride in it than those who are 'dabbling'.

Good write. The paragraph where you use internal rhyming seemed to be illustrating your point, which was pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I hope more people read this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

589 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 27, 2008

Author

__Flaw__
__Flaw__

Cyprus, kinda..., Turkey



About
Just sneaking!!! ;)) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Frost Frost

A Poem by Emily B