The Fall of 1643

The Fall of 1643

A Story by J
"

Part one of "The Fall of 1643"

"
It was a fall day on August 26, 1643. I was walking through the forest looking for something to eat. My name is Isabelle Roberts, I came to America three years ago when I was twelve with my father, after my mother died of the fever. My thoughts wandered all I walked, I was thinking about Pamana, my Indian friend. I hadn't seen her I a couple of days because the Indian war chief didn't want anyone who was not an Indian around after one of the French killed a warrior. Again my mind trailed off, I heard something but didn't pay attention to it until it was to late. I fell to the ground as an arrow struck me in the calf. An Iroquoi Indian stepped from behind the bush and walked towards me. I tried moving but it oy made the pain worse. The Iroquoi shouted something in his language, I said," I'm sorry, but I can't understand you." His stout face turned to anger as he replied in a stern voice," My name is Nahoation, do not speak unless you are spoken to." I nodded in agreement. He whistled and two other Indians appeared from behind the same bush, they started to pick me up, but I fought back. That was the last thing I remember before being hit in the head. I woke up to the sound of dancing and shouting. My head throbbed, I tried to stand but I fell back to the ground. I noticed that the arrow had been taken out of my leg and my hands were bound tightly behind me around a pole. The whole tribe apparently was having some kind of ritual. I heard something coming through the brush, to loud be a person, and that's when I saw it, a bear. I shouted for help as it came closer, and when the bear got on it's hind legs, four warriors drew their bows and shot the bear simultaneously, I breathed a sigh of relief when it hit the ground. After that, my head was swimming, I tried to deal with the pain, but I ended up passing out. When I woke up it was about noon. My head felt a little better but it still made me double over in pain. The rest of the day went by in a haze of memories and frightening thoughts. That night they had another ritual around the huge fire, and again I heard something. It was a very faint noise, almost silent. When I saw her face, I knew exactly who it was, Pamana.

© 2016 J


Author's Note

J
This is my first historical fiction story, hope you like it! If you have any suggestions or comments please review. Thanks :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on September 22, 2016
Last Updated on September 22, 2016

Author

J
J

About
I love to ride horses and ever thing outdoors. My favourite sports are volleyball and breakaway roping. I like to write songs and poems. I play the electric guitar. I like cowboy boots, friends, and m.. more..

Writing
My reflection My reflection

A Poem by J