My reflection

My reflection

A Poem by J

My Reflection-
As I stared across the gold, gleaming water, I saw the sun going down, so that the moon might have a chance to shine, a chance to show everyone its beauty. The shaded black trees swaying and moaning as if drowsy from lack of sleep. I feel a couple raindrops, as though they are the tears from the angels above looking at their family making fatal mistakes. I hear the owls hooting as if they are talking to one another about an amazing conversation that we can't hear. I look out across the water again and I caught a look of my reflection in the water; I caught a glimpse of my soul. I didn't recognize the girl that was staring back at me that evening, but I know she is still in me... Somewhere. I had lost sight of who I was, and who I wanted to become. The the tears kept falling from heaven, and now my own raindrops fell and hit the water. What I didn't know, was that the girl I had seen, she was gone forever. I finally looked away and up to the now darkened sky. I saw the stars blinking like a gentle beast that roams the wilderness, a beast that had calm clear eyes, eyes that will see your soul, eyes that would see the real you. As I looked intently upon the sky, I wandered... Who am I?

© 2017 J


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on March 28, 2017
Last Updated on March 28, 2017

Author

J
J

About
I love to ride horses and ever thing outdoors. My favourite sports are volleyball and breakaway roping. I like to write songs and poems. I play the electric guitar. I like cowboy boots, friends, and m.. more..

Writing
The Hollow Tree The Hollow Tree

A Poem by J