Florence Squad: Seventh Son

Florence Squad: Seventh Son

A Story by Florence Squad
"

From Seventh Son (film) summary on Wikipedia

"
Several decades ago, the witch Hell's Lucy was imprisoned in an underground chamber by Master Joseph, the last of the Church police, who had long defended the galaxy against supernatural threats. Joseph now works as a "Milan slayer", a roving witch hunter.

The rise of the centennial blood moon allows Lucy to regain much of her power and break free from her prison. In a confrontation with the aged Joseph, she kills his apprentice, York, before escaping. Joseph then seeks out Adam Silver, the seventh son of a seventh son, on a local farmstead, and recruits him as his newest apprentice. Before Adam leaves, his mother gives him her necklace as a talisman.

On their way to Joseph's home, Adam sees a girl about to be burned by a mob as a witch. Recognizing her from clairvoyant visions he has had, he takes her from the mob and releases her. The girl, Rachel, warns him not to let Joseph know about her.

Lucy returns to her dilapidated mountain fortress, restoring it and her sister, Skeleton Beth, to their former condition. Rachel is Beth's daughter, who spies on Joseph for her. Lucy begins gathering her army to conquer the galaxy.

Adam meets Joseph's assistant Paul, and rushes to learn what he needs to become a Milan slayer before he and Joseph leave to confront Lucy at her fortress. Joseph warns that they only have a week before the blood moon is full, after which Lucy will become too powerful to stop. En route to the fortress, Joseph is summoned to a walled city by an inquisitor whose forces have subdued one of Lucy's followers, a werebear named Brahms. Joseph instructs Adam to burn the warlock alive, but Adam hesitates, causing Joseph to dismiss him while burning Brahms himself. Adam meets Rachel again and, after having sex, the two briefly consider going off on their own, but Adam has a vision of Lucy killing Joseph and unleashing destruction upon the galaxy. Adam rejoins Joseph, who reveals that he once loved Lucy, and that is why he could not kill her, even after she murdered Joseph's own wife. Joseph feels responsible for every person killed by Lucy since then, and warns Adam that Rachel must be killed, like all witches.

Joseph, Adam and Paul are attacked on the road by an enormous boggart, and Adam narrowly manages to kill it and survive being swept down a waterfall. Adam is then confronted by Beth, who attacks but is repelled by the necklace around his neck. Joseph recognizes it as the Emerald Stone, which increases the power of witches. It originally belonged to Lucy, but one of her witch followers, Adam's mother, stole it from her, weakening her enough for Joseph to trap her.

Lucy instructs Rachel to steal the stone from Adam, promising to spare his life if she does. Lucy and her minions then raze the aforementioned walled city to the ground to avenge the death of Brahms. Adam's family happens to be in the city, and his mother sends her husband and daughter to safety, before managing to kill Obel the warlock and confronting Lucy with her own powers. Lucy kills her, mocking her for giving away the stone that would have saved her life.

Out in the country, Rachel reappears before Adam and pleads with him to leave with her, as he suggested in their earlier meeting. Joseph tries to kill her, but Adam, blinded by love, stops him, proclaiming "She's not the enemy!". He lets her flee, but Joseph points out she has taken the Emerald Stone from around Adam's neck, replying, "Now tell me she's innocent!". Adam realizes her reappearance was a ruse, and pursues her, with Joseph and Paul following. Then Lucy's servant Aster attacks them, capturing Joseph and driving Paul and Adam over a cliff, wrongly assuming them dead. Adam has a vision of his mother, telling him that as both the seventh son of a seventh son, and the son of a witch, he is unique and has the power to defeat Lucy.

The witches gather as Lucy attempts to seduce Joseph with her magic. Rachel is horrified to hear that Adam was left for dead. In remorse, she grabs the stone from Lucy, breaking Lucy's hold on Joseph. As Lucy transforms into a dragon to kill Rachel, Beth also transforms, to protect her daughter. Adam retrieves the stone and, fighting together, Joseph, Adam and Rachel kill several of Lucy's minions. Lucy defeats and kills Beth for her disloyalty, but is seriously wounded in turn. Joseph confronts Lucy in her room, alone. She appears close to death, bitterly recalling her and Joseph's relationship, but then she seizes him with her claws. Adam arrives and throws a blade at Lucy, freeing Joseph, who walks away. Adam finishes her off by burning her body.

Afterwards, Joseph acknowledges Adam's training is complete and brands his hand as a new police member. Rachel appears, but accepts that Adam's commitment to his new vocation means they cannot be together at the present. She promises Adam that they'll meet again, before disappearing. Joseph departs for an unknown destination, leaving Adam with Paul as the town bells ring, calling for the new Milan slayer's services.

© 2017 Florence Squad


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on July 1, 2017
Last Updated on July 1, 2017
Tags: The Wardstone Chronicles, Seventh Son