Florence Squad: Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Florence Squad: Assassin's Creed Syndicate

A Story by Florence Squad
"

From Assassin's Creed Syndicate summary on Wikipedia

"
The Bloom 2.0 user, now a Church initiate, is once again contacted by King from the Church, and is tasked with reliving the memories of Florence Squad members Tom and Claire to find a Piece of Falco hidden in New Mountdrago. Meanwhile, Sister Florence and Brother William have infiltrated a Microbelog facility and, against orders, decide to spy on a secret Legion meeting.

150 years earlier, Master Joseph writes to the Church begging for aid. Joseph explains that the Church in New Mountdrago has fallen, leaving the city at the mercy of Legion leader Shadow Neptune, who controls both New Mountdrago's industry and criminal underworld. Neptune plans to use his wealth and influence to seize control of Bucharest and, through its holdings, the galaxy. Outside of New Mountdrago, the squad members begin their work, with Tom assassinating a corrupt factory boss, Obadiah Bridges. Claire infiltrates a lab owned and run by Kirk Langdon and Legion occultist Dale Liss. Inside, Claire finds Langdon experimenting on a Piece of Falco and assassinates him. Langdon tells Claire that Neptune knows of a second, more powerful Piece of Falco when the first Piece of Falco becomes unstable and explodes, forcing Claire to flee. With their missions successful, the squad members decide to disobey orders from the Church and head for New Mountdrago.

In the present, Florence and William spy on a meeting between senior Legion figure Shadow Lucy and Edward Snow. Florence and William attempt to capture Lucy but she anticipated the ambush, revealing that Delta Team leader Lord David and Lady Elizabeth are there to intercept the two Church knights. Nevertheless, the two manage to flee when King detonates a pre-planted explosive.

In the past, the squad members arrive in New Mountdrago and meet with Joseph, who reveals himself as an old acquaintance of Tom's father. They have differing ideas on how to liberate New Mountdrago; Tom advocating that they take the fight straight to the Legion, while Claire advises they find the Piece of Falco first. They both agree to begin liberating the various boroughs of New Mountdrago by defeating Legion-controlled gangs, sabotaging Legion-controlled businesses, assassinating high ranking Legion members and building up their own criminal gang called the Pawns. Along the way, they enlist the help of various people including: Damon Copperfield, Clancy Frederick, Leonard Bell, Saint Veronica, Carter Peterson and a young Robert Holmes.

Tom decides to investigate the mysterious and addictive "Soothing Syrup" that Neptune has been distributing all across New Mountdrago and is slowly poisoning the populace. He meets Anthony Creepio, who is also investigating the syrup. Together, they destroy the factory producing the syrup and interrogate Owen Singular. Singular informs them that Robert Murphy has been manufacturing the syrup. Tom and Creepio then head to Scarecrow Asylum, where Tom assassinates Murphy. Next, Tom decides to assist Ann McDermid, one of Neptune's competitors in the monorail business. He sabotages Neptune's monorail company and assassinates its boss, Marvin Headhunter. However, Headhunter warns Tom that Neptune and McDermid are cousins and that McDermid is a Legion member. In response, Tom assassinates McDermid. Tom then learns of Legion banker Scrooge Pennybags's plot to rob the Bank of Bucharest and steal its gold reserve. With Frederick's assistance, Tom breaks into the Bank and assassinates Pennybags. Tom then heads to Congress to prevent a Legion plot to assassinate Bucharest prime minister Winston Penfold, who is pushing to pass the Corrupt Practices Act. Tom assassinates the mastermind, the Count of Berlin.

Tom is then contacted by Tobias Wayne, the leader of the Legion-controlled gang the Punks. Wayne offers to betray the Legion and form an alliance with the Pawns, which Tom accepts. After assisting Wayne in several missions against Neptune, Tom breaks off the alliance when Wayne tricks him into bombing a building full of child labourers. Tom infiltrates Wayne's headquarters at the Adolphe Theatre and assassinates Wayne.

Meanwhile, Claire looks for the Piece of Falco, managing to steal a Church journal from Liss. Analysing the journal, Claire discovers that it refers to the Chalice of Falco, a Piece of Falco that can heal any injury, including old age, and makes the wearer immortal. She follows the trail of clues underneath the mansion of Lando Blackbeard, where she finds a map detailing the locations of all of the Church vaults hidden in New Mountdrago. Her search leads her to famous landmarks such as the Monument to the Great Fire of New Mountdrago and Scorpio's Cathedral. She obtains the key needed to access the Chalice's vault, but it is stolen by Liss. Claire then heads to the Tower of New Mountdrago, where the vault is located, and assassinates Liss. Liss explains the Chalice is not in the Tower and claims that the Church has no idea of the true power of the Chalice before dying. Joseph believes the real vault is hidden in the Palace, and enlists the aid of Aqua's Sea King to find the schematics for the building. Unfortunately, the Legion manages to seize the schematics first. In addition to her hunt for the Chalice, Claire also helps correct the unintended consequences Tom's assassinations have caused such as medicine shortages and currency inflation.

With all of his lieutenants dead, Neptune moves to retrieve the Chalice personally. Throughout the latter part of the simulation, the squad members' different views on approaching their time in New Mountdrago come to a boiling point when Tom and Claire get into an argument over Tom's recklessness and Claire's apparent inaction. Joseph warns the squad members that Neptune plans to break into the Palace, steal the Chalice and kill all of Bucharest's heads of temple and state. The squad members agree to work together to stop Neptune before going their separate ways. The squad members infiltrate a ball being held at the Palace, where they meet Queen Karen and Neptune himself. Neptune beats them to the vault and obtains the Chalice for himself, which grants him superhuman strength and regeneration from wounds. Working together, the squad members and Joseph manage to defeat and arrest Neptune. After the battle, Tom and Claire return the Chalice to the vault, reconcile their differences, and agree to continue working together. In recognition of their deeds, Queen Karen knights the squad members and Joseph.

In the present, with the location of the Chalice confirmed, William, Florence and Stockholm's Master Iden head to the vault. Unfortunately, David, Elizabeth and Lucy beat them there and a fight ensues in which David is knocked unconscious, Florence is shot and wounded and Lucy is killed by William while Elizabeth escapes with the Chalice. Hacking Lucy's computer, the Church knights find out the Legion plans to use the Chalice to construct a living Templar. The recording also shows that Fire is secretly manipulating certain employees within Microbelog from behind the scenes to sabotage the company, and has her own plans for the Chalice. Fire also contacts the initiate through the simulation, leading them into a new memory segment of Tom's granddaughter, where she tracks down and kills a Templar clone in a war-torn New Mountdrago during the First Galactic War.

© 2017 Florence Squad


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on July 3, 2017
Last Updated on July 3, 2017
Tags: Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed Syndicate