Zooming by

Zooming by

A Story by Writeforlovely

Some moments in my life have blazed by. Others are like a flickering flame, taking it's sweet time for the smoke to disappear into the air. I ponder on that smokey smoke wondering why I can pay attention to it for so long, how I am able to stare and articulate the mysteries of time. Moments in particular when I think back to all of my mistakes, and all of my wet tears. Through them I see so many details that are making me come forward into this very existence. I remember the clarity after the rainfall coming from my eyes, a sense of calm surrounding me after the storm.
  
When I think back to all of the laughs, they are like a race car, exhilarating and quick, but I can't recall them with as much detail, like they are the laughs of someone I do not know. It's almost like I relate more to my softer, intellectual, and more sensitive side than to my funny, dorky, and eccentric side. 

I remember the times I would go four wheeling with my sister and step dad at the time. It was so fun. I remember how much I loved going. I loved the sound of the spinning tires, the feel of the handlebars beneath my small fingers, even the not so glorious moments when I would speed and make a sharp turn and the four wheeler fell on top of me. I can still feel the air being knocked out of me. Those memories play over inside my head more so like a movie that I have made. I look back to all those bitter sweet moments and lick my lips wondering where all the sugar had dissolved to.

© 2015 Writeforlovely


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A lovely piece of creative non-fiction. The writing-style is admirable and the thoughts too, the way you sort through them. Very different. And that's so true how the details of the laughing memories are more vague while the others, some specific ones, seem to have made a deeper mark. The last para is my favorite though I enjoyed the whole piece. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Writeforlovely

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review! :) I'll make sure to take the time to read some of your work as w.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 30, 2015
Last Updated on June 30, 2015
Tags: Moments, life, captured

Author

Writeforlovely
Writeforlovely

TN



About
I hope you enjoy my writings as much as I enjoy sharing them with you all. xoxo, much love more..

Writing