Towards the angels

Towards the angels

A Poem by Writeforlovely
"

Simple writing. A taste of my writing style. I will write longer poetry and short stories.

"
I want to show the world dance moves it has never seen before.

The world already has taught me so much, from the smiles of sad strangers, to the laughs of familiar faces. 

Everything is being handed to me through a golden spoon, for me to have a taste.

And so far it tastes delicious. 

Where did it come from? I have to find out. I want more..is it around my house? or on another continent? There are so many emotions that do not have a name. 

It's weird how I am being tugged yet I never rip. I just lean a little more to one side sometimes. 

I wish it would let me go, but life has a hold on me. 

I will lean to the side of the angels until their wings cut me loose..and once I am free, I will know I was leaning towards the way of the angels.

© 2015 Writeforlovely


Author's Note

Writeforlovely
I know the spacing of the sentences are random and not really in any particular order, but I did do that on purpose. :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice flow of thoughts with a very good ending.
"I will lean to the side of the angels until their wings cut me loose..and once I am free, I will know I was leaning towards the way of the angels."
Always better to be near the angels than dance with the devil. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote



Posted 8 Years Ago


Writeforlovely

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Many lines to be admired and enjoyed, I specially liked the first, second and sixth. Towards the angels is definitely where peace is, life's all about fighting, defeating our demons. Also liked how you painted the world in optimistic colors. Overall, it read like a beautiful essay. "There are so many emotions that do not have a name" --true. Nice work, Natalie.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Writeforlovely

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
I like it very much, are poems your passion?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Writeforlovely

8 Years Ago

Thank you! They are one of them, yes :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 1, 2015

Author

Writeforlovely
Writeforlovely

TN



About
I hope you enjoy my writings as much as I enjoy sharing them with you all. xoxo, much love more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Thea Thea

A Poem by Briana O'Connor


Thy Father Thy Father

A Poem by Curls