Money. The Dream. The Perfect Life.

Money. The Dream. The Perfect Life.

A Poem by Writeforlovely
"

Who else struggles with the pressures of the world? What have you gotten from this poem? Can you relate? How does it makes you feel? Thank you :)

"
I have forgotten how much I have loved this, I have been so wrapped up in..
Everything involved with..
Money. The Dream. The Perfect Life.
You forget that it all comes and goes. You feel inside you aren't good enough..
You want to be hott stuff..
A career that isn't any good for you, but has an appeal
I wish I could peel these desires for the Money. The Dream. The Perfect life.
The only energy I have is for everything that will not suffice.
It has taken so much energy to pour out these words
Yet it is so simple to plan a life in my mind full of Money. The Dream. The Perfect Life.
I wish I could point out reasons to strive for the things that I love.
I hold onto a fear that is inside. 
It is not worth it.
Not even a little.
I can not risk it. 
I rather fool everyone else than live my own truth.
But who is to say my own truth isn't Money. The Dream. The Perfect Life.
How can I possibly be worth more than that.

© 2015 Writeforlovely


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have lots I could say about this. I have experienced it on both sides-wealth and poverty. As a child growing up, we had little in possessions. No indoor toilets, no running water, no heater to turn on. One thing we had was love and time together. Now that I am much older and I gave experienced gains-I now see that what I treasured most was our time together, our love for each other. Part of true success is doing what you love doing, no matter how much money you make. Contentment is great gain. Wisdom is of more value than fine gold. That's part of my take on it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Wise words. We are all caught in a conflict throughout our lives, of money over happiness. I'm sure money can bring happiness, but it can't buy it. If we choose happiness over working for the money, the work suffers, if we choose work, our happiness suffers. Is there a balance? How do we achieve it? I have often thought along these lines myself but to differing conclusions. When you are hungry, all you dream of is food, when you are unhappy, you dream of brighter days. I am neither one nor the other just now, but neither am I hungry.
Thank you for sharing this very thought provoking piece.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2015
Last Updated on September 5, 2015

Author

Writeforlovely
Writeforlovely

TN



About
I hope you enjoy my writings as much as I enjoy sharing them with you all. xoxo, much love more..

Writing