Thursday Night Fun?

Thursday Night Fun?

A Story by mysteriouslyyours
"

A girl having a an interesting experience in a club in Glasgow.

"

The clubs packed tonight.  It looks like it’s going to be an amazing night, I’m feeling good and I’m looking good. To make things even better the boy I am seeing is paying me a great deal of attention.  The only problem being: he’s a massive flirt when he has been drinking.  To make matters increasingly complicated he doesn’t know when to stop drinking which usually results in him doing something really stupid.

We’re out tonight for a girl in his classes leaving night.  She’s moving to London to continue acting in some fancy school in Essex.  April is not my favourite person, I’ve always had a feeling she likes Chris (the boy I’m seeing, who is also my ex �" complicated I know).  She makes me feel small and insecure. You’d think April is beautiful and delightful but she isn’t.  She connects with Chris on a level I can’t even begin to understand �" they both share a love for acting.  I on the other hand can’t even tell a convincing lie.   

I mean don’t get me wrong she seems nice enough but I don’t trust her.

The music is loud and good.  My friends and I are having a great time dancing about, having a drink.  Chris is doing his usual.  As soon as he gets a drink in him he tends to spend the night wandering around and dancing with random folk.

As the night goes on Chris gets more and more intoxicated.  Sadly, he is annoying when he’s drunk. He gets overly friendly shall we say.  So I decide to ignore him and pay more attention to my friends and having a good time.  Regularly getting up to dance while dragging Chris’s bisexual friend up with me.  It’s a good laugh and is much more entertaining than sitting at the booth watching Chris drunkenly lean against April for support.

The song changes but Ryan and I stay on the floor dancing away.  I look over to the side nearest our booth and there is April and Chris having a nice little kiss.  I say little but there was nothing little about it. Their kiss made me question every passion filled kiss Chris and I had ever shared.  Still to this day I cannot get the image out of my head.

I understand people do silly things when they’re under the influence but still.  I felt like screaming I’m here! Choose me! In that moment I felt broken, insecure and far from good enough.  Chris could have choose me but he didn’t.  Nothing hurts more than watching the person you care about most share an intimate moment with someone else.  Even a moment as small as a kiss.

© 2016 mysteriouslyyours


Author's Note

mysteriouslyyours
Any feedback would be appreciated. This is a first draft and may not be grammatically perfect!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on January 19, 2016
Last Updated on January 19, 2016
Tags: nightlife, love, betrayal, emotional, sad, clublife

Author

mysteriouslyyours
mysteriouslyyours

Glasgow , Britian , United Kingdom



About
21. Psychology Student. Lives in Glasgow. Using writing to escape. Stories based on real life experiences, sometimes... more..

Writing