To Much Power

To Much Power

A Story by forgotten memory

I inhaled a big breath of air and released it slowly. I was standing on a cliff that overlooked a deep chasm, it was dark, darker then the abyss of hell. There’s a new moon in the sky symbolizing the beginning, the beginning of life that will age and grow into a full moon before it dies and starts all over. The stars shine like individual pieces of foil reflecting the light from a fire. I stepped up to the edge and raised my hands to the heavens, it was time.

            I started chanting slowly in a deep melodic voice not knowing what I was saying but feeling the power roll off my tongue with every syllable. I started swaying from side to side, dipping low to the ground and turning in circles. I gradually increased the chanting while slowly increasing the pitch. My dance quicken and began to look more frantic but yet organized. A bright light appeared off in the distance. It was growing into the size of a dinner plate, but it didn’t stop there. I realized that it wasn’t growing in size, but in fact it was growing closer. By this time my chanting has reached its climax at a fast high pitch shrieking. My arms were flailing in the air while I danced at a frantic speed as if I was standing on hot coals. The bright light suddenly engulfed me in a infernal of scorching white heat. I closed my eyes but to no avail, for the light was burning them although they were shut. I felt like screaming but I couldn’t, I have lost control of my chanting. I willed myself to stop but my lips kept moving and the words still came out like the hissing of an angry snake. The light grew so bright that I could swear it was melting my skin. Then in a quick flash it was all over. The last note of my chanting hung suspended in the air and a pile of ash rested were I was once stood.

           

            Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away, a young man was also chanting, but with the  confidence of his protection circle that he sat crossed legged in. a white light appeared in the center of the room and grew and molded into the shape of a  young girl that looked like she was no older than twenty. She smiled at him and open her mouth to speak. The power of the voice that came out of those tight lips chilled his soul.

“you have summoned me so there for you are my master. How long the lasts depends on you. But may I ask what have you summoned me for?”

The man nodded and spoke with less strength then he hoped for.

“I want information, information on the location of Pan’s Labyrinth.”

“I see” said the girl

She looked at the runes of his circle and studied them with intent interest.

“you know, you should be careful when summoning a entity.”

“and why is that?” asked the man

“because, you may summon more power then you can control. I found that out only moments ago.”

“what do you mean  by moments ago?” the man asked.

At about that time the young girl spotted a flaw in one of his runes. Her white aura turned black and started spreading from her feet like a swarm of ants crawling across the floor.

“what’s happening, what are you doing? I command you to stop!”

Her smile widen and she answered in a demonic voice.

“I warned you to be careful. There’s a flaw in your protection circle.”

The man went ghostly white

“…sigh…the ignorance of men, sorry but you must die now.”

The room went dark, and all was silent.

© 2011 forgotten memory


Author's Note

forgotten memory
this is my first short story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great first attempt. Enjoyable concept I would recommend adding to the story an rounding out the characters more. Nicely done.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 21, 2011
Last Updated on April 21, 2011

Author

forgotten memory
forgotten memory

Chiloquin, OR



About
my name is JD. i am almost always bored and get excited about nothing. i keep all my emotions bottled up and most of the time i keep all emotion off my face and out of my voice. i love to read fantasy.. more..

Writing