The magical World of Aliviva Chapter 2:The garden

The magical World of Aliviva Chapter 2:The garden

A Story by arctic fox
"

The second chapter of the aliviva series

"

Chapter 2: the garden

 

I could feel the soft light-brown earth crunch softly under my knees. My messy brown hair gathering over my eyes. I reached for the gardening can but it was just out of my reach. I crawled a little closer to it and finally grasped the smooth handle of it. I tilted the head down over the withered old flower in front of me. Little droplets of water fell out making a light pitter patter as it hit the old flower.

            “I’m not a very good gardener am I?” I said to the little flower half expecting it to talkback.  “You so withered and little compared to you brother” I gently plucked off one of the dead pedals placing it next to the big red flower next to it. I wiped my brow. Sweat flowed off of it like a river. “I guess I’m thirsty to” I said out of breath. I crawled over to the big oak tree just left of the garden. I laid my back on the tree and looked up into the sky.  “That cloud looks like an elephant is fighting a lion” I muttered to myself while yawning. I could feel my eyelids slowly closing. I moved my straw farming hat over my head and fell asleep.

            “The first thing I noticed was the field. It was a light green color. I lay on the soft grass holding hands with a beautiful girl. Her light brown hair tied back into a ponytail.

            “I love you Julia,” I whispered into her ear

            “I love you koi” she responded, “ I have something to tell you. A drop of water landed on her fair skin. Soon the drops of water sped up causing my clothes to stick to my body

I ran with her in my hands.

            “There’s a shed we can stay there until the rain stops,” I said running towards the rundown mill. Small rumbles shook the earth. I entered the shed the water dripping off our bodies created a small puddle. Julia stared at the ground

            “What’s wrong?” I asked her

            “I’m going to America,” she said in a millstone

            “Why?” I asked, “I’ll go with you”

            “No” she said tightening up her shoulders “you need to take care of your family here” tears formed in the corners of her deep blue eyes. I put my hands on her shoulder. She quickly spun.

            “I'm sorry,” she whispered. She started to run. I quickly grabbed her hand. There was a loud sharp crack and the image of what was once loved was lost.

            I quickly awoke to the smell of smoke. It filled my lungs and trapped the air outside as if it was some lonely angry hermit. I choked as I ran away from the burning flora in the background.  I could feel the small sparks combine together on my back making an incredible monster rose ingesting the very last bit of clothes on my back. I ran with my little energy until I found the water. A lonely stream which had filled my glass many times. I jumped into the clear blue water. Dousing the monster on my back. The water hit my face like spikes but the relief of the burn that ran comforted me down my body. I saw the heap of ashes that used to be my tree. It was burned to the ground. The great green giant withered to ash and it grew smaller and smaller until I could not see it anymore. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I awoke to a soft sound of voices. Trails of mud streaked down my face. My body was soaked and cold. I shivered at the cold night. The sky was black and not a single star. Then the whispering stopped. 

© 2015 arctic fox


Author's Note

arctic fox
here is the second installment even though chapter one did not do so good on the views and got no reviews yet!!! come on guys!!! ahahaha but here is chapter two so enjoy and if you havent read chapter 1 read that before reading this

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

third one will be coming out in about a week.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
1 Review
Added on September 14, 2015
Last Updated on September 15, 2015

Author

arctic fox
arctic fox

castle rock , CO



About
I am a young but vibrant author who loves to write. Although my grammar lacks a certain amount of skill my story story line, creativity, and diction makes up for that small area of writing. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5