No means NO...

No means NO...

A Poem by Frieda P
"

...concerning sexual assault, this one is not about me. 4 Letter word ~ RAPE

"
Like an infestation of lust
         you integrated your being,
upon my naked heartbeat
your evil contaminated
           more than my breasts
weaseled your way
             into my dark eye
drunkenly aqueous
with flavored enhancers
         left me incoherently paralyzed
     until I was nearly dead
my infertile mind
                a desert wasteland,
      you exhausted no time
                    waging carnage
                 blitzed by havoc's slaughter
my restless soul took refuge
              then surrendered a chalky flag
your strength prompted
           to overtake in battle
   what part of NO did you adulterate


© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
If it sounds as if I'm pontificating, shoot me, this is a real problem in our society today with the use of date rape drugs in abundance. Ask anyone on a 'survivor' sexual assault/abuse site...e.g. 'Escaping Hades'

"Drug Facilitated Rape typically involves the use of a the "date rape drug" (Flunitraepam, Rohypnol, GHB (Liquid E or Liquid G) and/ or alcohol. It is quite common, but not limited to, many college campuses across the United States. According to recent studies, alcohol is the #1 drug used to facilitate a sexual assault. For rape which takes place on campuses, alcohol is being used in 90% of cases."

Won 'Ass Bad Enough to Mention' in the Controversy contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is so intensely powerful that it made my skin crawl while i was reading it. Your use of words drives home the utter horror that so many women have gone through. The question is when will society and our justice system start holding men accountable for violence against women?

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Excellent question A.M. I have no answsers unfortunately...thanks for the support my friend.
redflutterby

11 Years Ago

Neither do I :-/. You're welcome hun.
Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Truth be told, most people don't want to hear about it, and there's a minority that really give a ff.. read more



Reviews

Frieda, your voice comes through loud and clear, at least to some of us. This is definitely a problem which receives little press. Your words hit home and hopefully open some eyes. You seem to always know how to touch a nerve and do it in such a way that makes us sit up and take notice. You are a wonderful poet and an even more wonderful human being. Nice job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much Jack, I'm so pleased to hear that. At least some people understand this is a violati.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
"what part of NO did you adulterate"
~ well i see alcohol drives people outside their boundaries and plunge to the darker sides of lust and desire… I guess alcohol and drugs are much a-like(they can be very addicting), though we know there is quite a difference….. but still it can cloud your mind into doing something unimaginable side of your nature….
Great work my friend.


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Darker than dark Pax...thanks so much for reading this one...
Pax

11 Years Ago

your most welcome my friend...
Your not pontificating Fp..... you've used your strength of character to express your thoughts in this powerful poem on a subject matter that needs to be addressed. Your poem has just highlighted these atrocities, reminding us all that this is still happening out there to vulnerable women all over this world we are living in. These monsters need to be stopped.....

You've written this with conviction and empathy in your heart Fp...

POWERFUL...






Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your thoughts here YB, much appreciated.
One of my biggest fears with having a daughter! This world is so much more tangled with dangers. Not that we didn't have them in our generation - it is just so much more complicated and easily accessible to be in the path of a predator. Taught her how to kick a*s when she was around 11 or 12 - she's a fighter but you can't help but worry and wonder what is out there. Thanks for the post and for bringing awareness to an epidemic predatory mindset that has us all on our toes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Can't say that I blame you there Sera, we need to teach all our kids, sons and daughters limits and .. read more
I've been involved with a few women that have survived sexual assaults. One in particular was Amanda. The night I met her she was provocatively dressed (at first I thought she was a hooker) She was funny and talkative, she gave me all the right go signals, she took me back to her place and as soon as I started escalating physically she panicked. I don't mean "Slow this rodeo down cowboy you're moving to fast" aversion, I mean stark fear panic. I was very confused by all the mixed messages so I backed off and asked her what her deal was. Turned out when she was a teenager Amanda had been abducted, severely beaten, raped and left for dead before someone found her and called the cops. I was flabbergasted with what she told me and had no clue how to react so I just sat next to her on her couch feeling like a complete idiot and held her hand. After a time I said "I guess I should be going" she was sobbing and said "please stay here with me." I felt trapped and conflicted as to what to do so I went into her bedroom with her, laid down on her bed next to her with all my cloths on, held her and went to sleep. It was still dark when I woke up so I woke her up and said I really had to go. She said "I really like you, please call me." I didn't want to call her but somehow I felt responsible for her. Not for her Rape but for her vulnerability in opening up to me about it and I felt so sorry for her. It's like Jesus, what in the hell was I supposed to say or do? I knew I couldn't make her better and she was going to be difficult but I called her anyway and we dated for 2-3 months before I just couldn't take the drama anymore. She didn't act all broken hearted or clingy when we parted ways. She was used to going through guys like gasoline. As much as I tried to understand it and empathize with her I could never imagine what it's like to have something like that happen to me. I know what terror feels like. I don't know what being helpless in the face of terror feels like and that's completely different.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for sharing this with me Baby, that does sound so typical of a survivor, and you did .. read more
You took this to the very base line... right where you needed to be to write this. Well written piece about a very tragic and difficult thing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You really got gritty and raw in your words, but a subject like this should not be taken lightly. You certainly got across just how down right devastating this is to the victim.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rape is a terrible thing. There is no excuse for it at all, for someone to ruin someone's life like that is terrible and absolutely heart breaking
Your poem is very raw and strong. I know your views on the subject are strong and I know how you feel, I can tell you- I feel the same.
There is no need for it at all.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i gave you my review because you shared this with me before posting, so you know how i feel about this write. but, for the sake of others i will say this again.....there is no excuse for rape, it is about control and power. an act of violence and should be punishable by castration....no exceptions. stellar write.....

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is incredible...even though it's in the victim's voice, it's hard to tell who's voice it is at some points, which makes it all the more unsettling...an overwhelmingly powerful and poetic statement.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

860 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 7, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Reviewers Reviewers

A Story by Pax