Heart Echoes~

Heart Echoes~

A Poem by Frieda P

I heard a whisper above the clouds
         distinctly thought I heard my name
   familiar voice of an angel floating by
      I felt it could be my heart's echo,
                 a zephyr gently cradled me
     a warm embrace from up above, I heard her say~

 
 "I'm dancing aloft peaceful stars
    do not cry big sis, please shed no more tears for me,
 I'm  always with you when you're perfectly still, 
           listen contently for an extra beating in your heart
          I flutter there quiet and content, i have from the start"


With that, there was a sun shower of diamond constellations
         my spirit danced with starry harmony that fateful night, 
     eternal echoes, heart to heart, she  lovingly lingers aside me














© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
For my sister Lee, she always called me 'big sis', never more than a heartbeat away...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh Frieda...there is a lot of heartache and a LOT of love in this powerful poem. I was swallowing back tears when i realized what it was about. This seems like it was a piece written in healing...but then again, aren't they all? I like the back and forth set up, to set apart the different voices. And the ending line about her lingering beside you...because its true. They never really us. They are always in our hearts. Thinking of you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Always in my heart yes, would much rather her by my side again, thanks for your sentiments here Kris.. read more



Reviews

So heart warming and touching... now you're gonna bring tears to my eyes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Oh geez not the cowboy, thanks so much Dale.
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

Yes the cowboy... I have a tender side, and not just the one I moon people with :)
Yes she's always with you in your heart. What a beautiful expression of that hun!! xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks Red, much appreciate your sentiments here. xo
Now This...Is A Beautiful Tribute to your Sweet Sister ! Lovely Heart Song Frieda !

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Heart song, I like that, thank you kindly Renee.
Renée

10 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing .. she would like this one ( :
So beautiful, Frieda. I do hope you feel your sister's spirit with you and feel it is a comfort. I teared up on this. I used to feel my mother near, but it has been many, many years since I felt that keen awareness. I wonder sometimes what she'd think of her children all grown and her grand-babies she never met nearly grown up (and some have)... Time slips by us.
A lovely writing, my friend!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

On good days I do, sometimes there's only an empty sadness, thanks so much Sera for your sweet senti.. read more
Wow, this was so touching. She'd love this and like I always say, she's watching you, sweetheart. Making sure you're keeping well and always in your heart.

A lovely tribute, brought me to tears like you always do when you write about her. All the memories. Your heart bled on the page, hun.... x

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You're so sweet to say Sye...I'm glad you felt this one, and where did you go?? Missing you love x
s y e

10 Years Ago

Long story.

My pleasure
Your poem has moved me to tears, Frieda. This is the hope - that someone we love so much is never gone, but stays by our side. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thank you for reading Rita, trying the no more tears, we'll see how long hopeful lasts.
The cosmos isn't big enough to lose someone loved so much. This is a beautiful tribute to that connection that can never be broken.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Much appreciate your kind words blue, thank you.
As always moving and poignant and loving.
she lovingly lingers aside of me-should it not be inside?


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

I did change it a few times, I wanted it to mean 'near' or 'beside' me...thanks John.
Two heartbeats separated by distance but not love where two hearts are echoing the sound and smell of fate when the moment of that night took away the blood flow of one and left the other one to flow in a bleeding blood...A great tribute...:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Love your insightful comments here Sami, thanks so much my friend.
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

My pleasure. Any time...:)
A beautiful and hopeful poem. Good to feel the people close we loved and care for. I like the gentle tone of the poem. Like a secret being whispered to another. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thank you John, this was a hopeful write, yes. Glad you enjoyed it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

691 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 16, 2013
Last Updated on May 17, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


dear mom dear mom

A Poem by quinfinn