Super MOON Haiku

Super MOON Haiku

A Poem by Frieda P
"

closest and largest full moon of the year

"
I could have touched you

with your face lit so brightly

awed in your splendor



© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
The April 24, 2013 almost full moon as captured by EarthSky friend Steve Pauken in Arizona.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful. We saw the supermoon here but it didn't seem any bigger. We do get amazing moons here though anyway.

Posted 10 Years Ago


lovely write fine lady
thank you for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awed and Moonstruck Frieda.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Theses are the moons that inspire poets and direct the tides of our futures. I have seen just a few harvest type moons, large and full touchable upon the horizon in my lifetime. This one was no less spectacular.

The only poem I actually have memorized was written for me by a dear high school friend after an evening watching the moon rise red. It was called Beware of the Man in the Moon. Love love love these spherical orbs of light.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Ha! I see you decided to play with the moon rather than dance in your dreams.
It is good to take in the wonders in life...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great Haiku Frieda..................

Posted 10 Years Ago


The Super Moon was simply stunning here the other night. It was like God's dome light upon the earth. Beautiful haiku, Frieda. And that picture is beautiful as well:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


01.13, 24/6 .. Three hours ago or so I stood at my bedroom window, lights out, looked up into the sky. Had seen a husky glow through the night clouds but as such no sight of the moon though it was obviously there. Waited a minute or so, then another, then there was movement.. and in seconds, the clouds had like opening curtains from across the most wonderful moon. It just GLOWED silver white! Truly, Frieda, I felt as if i could perhaps taste and smell it, seemed to be so near. You know how it is when something happens and you feel as if you've shared the most glorious secret ...

Your words always ring true, really make me smile or feel very deeply - and this is no exception.. Your haiku really does do the picture fabulous justice.. such a few magical words, love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautiful Frieda...the super moon is tonight so I will be watching.:) Shaun mentioned it to me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yes, it's certainly full moon tme...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1651 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 23, 2013
Last Updated on June 23, 2013
Tags: super Moon, splendor, Haiku, awe

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


drama drama

A Poem by redflutterby