Hush now, go to sleep! ........

Hush now, go to sleep! ........

A Poem by Frieda P
"

_it's not a lullaby_

"

Behind her


 mystiqu'd  facade


      she's still


 a frightened child  


 curves of a woman


yet, wide eyed awe in her eyes


   her honey'd breasts attract men,


    ensnared, shrouded past,


                 stops her


 dead in her tracks


 in her silly head


                she had a dream


     was never meant to be


 this way,


her true heart


 intentions, 


             poisoned


 as a naive girl


her innocence stolen


              upon the knee 


of the the man,


should have been


               her one true hero


    instead 


her safe haven


               was violated


    behind closed doors


in  night's pursuit 


       of    'hear no evil'...


       prayers were


 never heard


   her silent secret screams


 kept locked 


    in a gilded prison 


made for one ~


                 ...her soul to keep


    

Hush now baby, go to sleep! ...

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am trying to look for the right words but I can't find them... Your words broke
me down in tears as I read them over and over. Anger, pain and sadness were but
a few of the emotions that were tearing through my heart. This injustice goes on
but too many times and it's either unspoken of or ignored. Thank You for letting
your heart speak for all those who cannot.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You said all the right words Luis, thanks so much....



Reviews

No Frieda, not a lullaby, more like the music from "The Nightmare On Elm Street". I wish I knew how to review your poem Frieda, it's power is over whelming and needs to be told... but the ugliness expressed has left tears running down these cheeks... that women survive this and even are able to love is amazing to me. That some do not is even worse. These scars haunt and taint the potential of beautiful people.

This could not have been an easy write for you Frieda, but for what it is worth, I'm proud of you.To be able to say I know you and read your poems. Always remember just how special you are!!!

~~redzone, loves ya xxoo

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I think you reviewed it just right Curt...no, these are never easy, but there are plenty of people w.. read more
Wrenching Frieda, like a wound that won't heal... and the very last line, "hush now..." gutted me.
You wove such a palpable level of emotion here... bravo!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks, glad you 'felt' this one sharonlee!
This is a sad reality chica.Girls having to grow up to fast ,forced by people who are supposed to love and protect them.Grown up but inside still a scared ,little girl .Traumatized for life by these monsters masquerading as humans.This is a very heartwrenching pen Freida.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Indeed people don't realize the scars it leaves, thanks so much Vidya.
Vidya Bacchus

10 Years Ago

You are welcome chica :)
I read one today but in a different style than this one...of course...from a fellow writer here...its just not right...you convey the hurt and feeling in the lines...and make notice that such events happen...and they do have a voice to call on...within these words you write...here FP...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

It's beyond 'not right' Glen...it's an abomination. Thanks so much for reading.
Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

you're welcome...
Again the title got me, wasn't the norm so it beckoned me to read and darned if it didn't give me chills and make the hair stand on end. Serious subject that happens every day to one of us...my sister's, a few of my friends and I dodge the bullet a few times. Riveting Frieda!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You know I'm into titles, yours always draw me in....thanks so much for your thoughts Shirlena.
i want to squeeze the life out of this father for what he did....and break both of his kneecaps first.

see what he can hold on his knees then.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Would you pretty please?! Thanks so much jacob...
This poem is completely your territory and I m just a humble and grateful guest :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You humble me Avinash, thanks so much. :)
Jeeez!!! this has really brought tears to my eyes, sad sad sad to know that sometimes our daughters are not in safe hands when we leave them with people we trust....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You're right, most sexual abuse is committed by someone familiar, it's not that stranger danger ever.. read more
O......M.......G.... ok... chills... What are you trying to do to me?... I mean seriously.. Ok.. where the heck to start... umm.. the flow.. the flow is eerie and adds this buildup of intensity with your words that has you grabbing the edge of your seat to anticipating, dying to see where you are going next, along with the music that just seems to intensify at just the right moment.. It leads you to this place where you are left going, holy s**t.. Simple, powerful words, create this non-lullaby exposing a shattering of innocence.. Love the title.. Love the music.. Love the whole damn thing... I mean I have goosebumps all over my body right now, and as far as the message, this is a little close to home and now has tears streaming down my face... It is like this pulsating ball deep down in my soul that with each repetition of lines in that song and spelled out in exquisite writing has the little girl inside me screaming... Too much... I swear.. This one was RAW, POWERFUL, and HONEST.... I am always in awe of your talent to make me FEEL...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I don't know how to respond to this glowing review! Thanks from the bottom of my heart April...and .. read more
Damn there is nothing more despicable than an adult stealing a child's innocents to satisfy their twisted desires. It is something you can never get back, that is for sure. You touched on a subject some want to pretend doesn't happen.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

None that I can think of Dale, thanks so much...they can pretend all they want, ignorance is bliss i.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

964 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on July 15, 2014
Last Updated on July 15, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..