Sun Too Bright

Sun Too Bright

A Poem by Friks

The daylight is too bright! It resembles a life I can not yet have.

I want darkness... Deep, thick darkness...

I want to write in it with my fingers, let the words be all around me, the thoughts just overwhelm me.

I want those lines in the darkness, drawn by my fingers, to be the light of tomorrow. I want to feel this! Touch this! I want to hold this dirt in my hands and know that from it will spring the life of the future. In this dirt I plant the seeds! In this darkness existence will heed, heed my conscience as it speaks, as it makes the choice of excellence and brings forth sprouts from this seed.

 

I am the author and finisher of my fate. I am god before it is, and yet it is still after I am, before I was, and right here In my hands.

What is god? It is that light!

It's that idea of something bright...

An energy, a power, something of boundless might!

Something that we are made of.

Something for which to fight.

© 2010 Friks


Author's Note

Friks
Please comment! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! this is stunning and inspiring really. Enjoyable to read!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This writing shows so much passion, i enjoyed this very much, i feel the same way, where you just want to grab ahold of things and control them your way, let yourself determine your future not others, ahh, anyways i really liked this, great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was more like a prose than anything and I really liked it. Original and creative. Great job

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2010
Last Updated on September 18, 2010

Author

Friks
Friks

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa



About
Simplicity is best because it allows us to see the vital complexities of life. It allows us to see true beauty and it enables us to create. I am what I am and I find pleasure in it! more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sunshine Sunshine

A Poem by Immortal