Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Happy Cheese

Police sirens wailed behind me. Bikers zoomed towards my running away. From a few miles away, my family mansion burned and collapsed. On foot, I sprinted away. I ran with nothing but the clothes on my back. There just wasn’t enough time! I had to get away, as far away as possible!

 

            This running thing might’ve been easier for my kind, but escape was still difficult when cops and slayers were chasing you down. Everything was so close that turning around could mean sudden death. Lights of red and blue flashed towards us from up ahead. I halted. Suddenly there seemed to have been no way for escape. They enclosed me into their planned trap. A frightened man held a pistol at me. All around him, guns were pointed at me. I lifted my arms over my head and mouthed the words of surrender. Next thing I know, they had me in handcuffs.

 

            I could only wonder how stupid the human types are. They think of all us immortals as the same. Right now, I may be lying on a bed with a transparent bolted over me. I even have my appendages pinned down. I am also hiding a secret nobody knew. Many voices droned in my ears. They made out to be my capturers discussing what to do to me. I hid a smirk because I knew that if they saw me, they’d kill me for sure.

 

            My platform case hovered higher and higher. Soon, I found myself inches from their faces. The glass split apart from each other. The unfamiliar room and unfamiliar people glared at me. A tall thin man walked to my case. He held a needle in one hand and a clearly labeled bottle of poison in the other. The smiles of them weren’t friendly. No. They were evil. They were glad to have me “under their control”. The needle came at me. It hit the place where my arm was. But it missed for I wasn’t there. Nobody saw me. Just like that, me and my shape-shifter self was gone. Away. Free.



© 2010 Happy Cheese


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

whoa, interesting story
you had me hooked in from the first paragraph
im curious about these immortals and this world you are creating...
hmm...couldn't find any mistakes...so yehh
good job!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Added on June 25, 2010
Last Updated on June 25, 2010


Author

Happy Cheese
Happy Cheese

Cheezville



About
Name: "Fromage" Age: ~~~ I ain't the type of person who writes real fast. Takes me time to think up my story. Takes me more time to put it into words. I chose to write at the steady pace I write a.. more..

Writing
Sunset Sunset

A Poem by Happy Cheese


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Happy Cheese