The Red Bluejay, Prologue

The Red Bluejay, Prologue

A Chapter by Kaitie
"

read and you'll find out!

"

A man stood in front of a clear pool. He had dressed special for his visit, sporting a handsome dark blue blazer and casual brown pants. It's not every day you can meet her. With a deep, calming breath, the man stepped closer to the pool so he was leaning over it and delicately released a single elegant purple orchard.

 

The flower glided through the air and landed on the pool, releasing one single ripple. The pool shimmered and a face appeared in it's reflection. It was a beautiful women with hair so blond it was gold that cascaded down the side of her face and resting on her shoulders. Her features were porcelain-doll smooth and her eyes were a bright grass-green that seemed to twinkle all the time, as if a thousand stars stole away in the depths of her eyes. 

 

"Jasper," her singsong voice greeted from the pool, every syllable sounding like a melody, "You have come."

 

"Of course, my lady," he replied warmly. Happiness radiated from her like beams of golden light, making it hard not to smile. "I need your guidance. Mortez plague our land and harm our people. They get stronger every day and they will soon rise. I fear we will not be able to stop them before they succumb earth into a living chaos."

 

"Such a thing will not happen unless you let it," the women says gently, "And the Mortez aren't just raiding your lands. They search for something."

 

The man leans in closer, "What is it, my lady?"

 

"Who, Jasper. They search for the girl."

 

"Evelinde?" he asks, shocked.

 

She nods, "You much protect her at the cost of your life."

 

He nods gravely, "To the death, my lady. No one will harm her."

 

The women smiles. With a wave of her hand, her image shimmers once, twice, and disappears with the orchard along with her.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2013 Kaitie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on June 5, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013


Author

Kaitie
Kaitie

Writing
Dragonheart Dragonheart

A Book by Kaitie