Emotionless

Emotionless

A Poem by lynne

 

Blank faced

silence

follows her

wherever she goes.

She is powerless

against the choking grasp

it has on her life.

To others,

she is nothing.

Just a piece of paper;

a thing without feeling

or emotion.

To them,

she is the

equivalent

to nothing.

 

They refuse

to understand.

They refuse to realise

that the girl they tortured,

was not emotionless

afterall.

© 2011 lynne


Author's Note

lynne
Sometimes people missunderstand. I'm a shy girl. my doctor calls me an "introvert". A person who prefers to be alone rather than endure social interractions. But what can I say, that's just the way I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm not like that all the time. I do have friends, beleive it or not. But not many. However, I can really open up to those friends and they really are the only people I feel comfortable talking to. Even more so than my parents sometimes... Anyways, what I'm saying is, I don't care if I have a lot of friends. Just having the friends I have now is good enough for me. But people still bully me and tease me all the time. Because I'm so weird and quiet. They missunderstand and think that I think I'm better than everone else because I refuse to talk in school. But that's not true. The truth is, I'm afraid of people. People scare me. They say hurtful things without even thinking about it. They try to hurt you on purpose. And even If I do try to be louder out in public, people still find some excuse to humiliate me. So what's the point in trying? Why should I try to be more outgoing when no one likes me either way?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a sad poem. :( No one should ever label another person that way. It'd be so hard to be thought of that way, I can't even imagine. I usually make myself feel that way, rather than other people making me feel that way. It's kind of the opposite of what your poem was about here.

I'm a shy person when it comes to new people or people that make me uncomfortable, too. I know how you feel. There's nothing wrong with you just because you're shy. :)

It makes me happy to hear that you're happy with the friends you have. Quantity doesn't matter. I wish there was some way I could help you out with fearing people. I do get anxious around some specific people, too, but (I know this is easier said than done) you have to try and not let it destroy you. There, unfortunately, will always be people who are going to be cruel, which I'm sure you know. We have to try and ignore them. Don't hold onto it. If you dwell on it, you'll never find the courage to become more talkative. Also, you can never get that time back so I want you to be happy, not sad or scared. :) I'm positive that if you speak up and talk to people you may not normally talk to you, they would end up really liking you. I really want you to try. :)
I'm not saying you have to completely forget about what unkind people have done to you, but try and reach out to other people! :D

Nice poem. I hope things start to look brighter for you!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Added on December 10, 2011
Last Updated on December 10, 2011

Author

lynne
lynne

MN



About
I'm Kiah. I mostly like writing poems, but sometimes i like to write short stories. more..

Writing
Here You Are Here You Are

A Poem by lynne


Only For You Only For You

A Poem by lynne