Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Gaby
"

Just the prologue.

"

 Dawn Meets Night

 

     It was a dark and cloudless night as the full moon hung over the sky, almost tauntingly. A pair of red eyes the color of blood stared intently at it, hungrily. But not desperate. The owner of the eyes shifted their gaze from the moon to the trees. Seconds later a scream was suddenly heard from the direction it was staring at. They growled and silently made their way towards the scream.

     If one were to gaze at such a creature they would see it as if the creature were a predator stalking it's prey. It's teeth bare and seemed sharp enough to cut through steel. It's huge, twilight colored, ruffled wings suggested the creature was a fallen angel, cursed to walk this land for all eternity.

     Seeming to move with grace, the creature continued to make it's way to where the screaming was heard. It knew what was up ahead. It could smell it without a doubt. Blood.

     The creature scowled in disgust as it stopped to witnessed the scene in from of it. A lowly human girl trapped in the bare hands of a vampire. It watched as the vampire stared into the eyes of the girl, enjoying the sent of fear that radiated off her. The vampire seemed to be having fun, but the creature knew that it was only a matter of time before it would go in for the killing bite.

     The creature only moved forward when the vampire was too busy staring hungrily at the girl's neck, ready to feed. Almost immediately the vampire turned to the creature and hissed angrily. But only when the creature move into the moonlight did the vampire completely freeze. The vampire dropped the girl and headed deep into the woods in one swift movement that it would have seemed unreal to someone with that of the eyesight the human girl had. The creature smirked wickedly. Oh, how it loved it when they ran.

     Leaving the girl on the earth floor, dazed and nearly unconscious, the creature took off after the vampire. It loved playing cat and mouse. But, alas, the creature caught up to the vampire all too soon. It hid it's disappointment and swatted at the vampire, not using any of it's strength at all. The vampire flew through the air, breaking through some trees in the process, and finally landed a good twenty feet away from the creature.

     The creature took it's time making it's way over to the vampire. By the time it reached the vampire, the vampire was shaking in fear and giving off the same sent as the human girl had before.

     “P-please spare me,” begged the vampire.

     The creature only glared at the vampire.

     “I-I was so hungry! Please understand!

     The creature smirked, “I am afraid I am not in the sparing mood.”

     The vampire showed a look of pure horror as it continued to beg and plead. Taking a deep breath, the creature closed its eyes. In seconds the creature was surrounded in a warm, thick orange mist-like cloud. Opening its eyes again, the creature gave a silent order to the orange mist. Without a seconds delay, the orange mist sprang itself at the vampire. Then, the creature simply walked away, ignoring the agonizing screams behind it.

     The creature made its way back to where the girl had been left behind. It soon found her on the ground, unconscious. Scowling, the creature reluctantly took off the coat it had been wearing over one of its shoulders and placed it over the sleeping girl. It picked her up gently so not to wake her from her slumber, and made it's way out of the woods.

     Soon feeling the orange mist surround its master, the creature mentally smirked and dismissed it. The creature, acting as if nothing had happened only minutes ago, walked out of the woods and into town, the sleeping girl still in its hands.



© 2013 Gaby


Author's Note

Gaby
Please excuse the mistakes and I hope you enjoyed ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
It's good. I want to know who the creature is, but I have an idea of who it is. ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 20, 2011
Last Updated on June 6, 2013


Author

Gaby
Gaby

CA



About
Hi, my name's Gabriella, but please call me Gaby. I'm 17, birthday's June 1st and am currently in high school. I don't like going outside much, read too much fan fiction, and tend to hate most peop.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Gaby